LongHorn in LongHorn

LongHorn

So Longhorn and Tris...have your figured out the bugs in downloading in M$ explorer? It sounds like this version is just too buggy to worry about getting it at this point. Oh...and what about WAP?

Rick :)

Linux for me.... You can basically have any GUI you want, runs better than Windows and looks cooler. I want to give longhorn a try, I'll wait until the bugs are worked out better. I'm not a fan of upgrading my OS (from a fresh install) to a new build every other week. You have to start from scratch and it's annoying.

Screenshot...

Me looking busy...

The winamp type clone I'm using is XMMS, it has all the functionality of Winamp 2 and can use all the Winamp skins. The skin I have is "System of a Down", which can be found in www.winamp.com under Winamp 2 skins. Great player, uses low resources..

Yea I'm using fluxbox, which is based of blackbox...

You can get Fluxbox working in lindows if you try I'm sure. Go to http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net and read up on the documentation and go to www.linuxnewbie.org if you have any questions, or send me an email at gamma@cox.net w/ any specifics. Yea linux is the best for me as of right now, my kernel/GUI use practically no resources, something which Windows has been having problems with. The newer the version of Windows the more demanding the hardware. I can get Linux running on a 200mhz laptop with no problem.... Windows XP on it... yea right. It's stable and fast, and I compile everything from source so it's optimized for MY system.

rick: I like Longhorn, but for me to install the next beta I have to be assured:

-Theres an activation crack

-You can download in IE

-Installation is easier

-Longhorn doesn't depend on XP files

-New Desktop Properties work

-Boot screen says Longhorn and not Freestyle

-SoundBlaster Extigy Plat. 2 works

Longhorn already doesent depend on XP files.. well i mean it doesent need any files other than whats on the cd. there is no reason what so ever to do an upgrade of XP with it!

its just like when everyone was installing whistler betas.. exact same procedure to install.

dont like the boot screen? heh! change it to longhorn then :)