Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

yup... wen i run makeit it says cudnt find winrar... shud be edited to %programfiles&

plus the "ahead" folder

Yeah well i have been testing on many type of configurations and i forgot to change it back to %programfiles% when i packed it up.. sorry!

slimzky - what are you refering to with "ahead"?

Is it possible to stop the Nero Burning Rom quick launch shortcut being made? I have tried removing lines 71, 72 from post_config.cmd but that stops all shortcuts from being made!

Any ideas?

[Edit]

Sorry my bad, i missed the ) of the end.  :blushing:  :lol:

So you have it sorted now?

Let me first say great program Felix. Works like a champ. But I was wondering, I was wanting to add all the updates to the Nero 6.6.0.8a file. there are like 5 updates to the different programs. Is there anyway to do so, and use your program to make an unattened installer?

Thanks for any help,

Albert

Hi Albert,

Can you tell me what updates you are referring to? Please give me as much information (URL's are handy) and i will look into it. :)

Any ideas about the 7-zip compresion? its only 0.6MB better than Winrar! Thanx.

well as you can see in the script the compression being used is "-t7z" - according the 7zip helpfile is the best. I have just done a test here (!makeit.cmd /7zip) using the default settings and here are the results.

custom_nero (WinRAR): 28,367Kb - using best compression available WinRAR v3.41

custom_nero (7-zip): 27,614Kb - using normal compression 7-Zip v4.15b

custom_nero (7-zip): 22,787Kb - using ultra compression 7-Zip v4.15b

Basically after some more experimentation and reading i found another additional switch to add the the 7-zip commmand line to switch on ultra (i thought that it was the best compression just by selecting 7z format) anyway i have updated the command line for the next build. You can make the change to your current !makeit.cmd script now to take advantage of the extra compression (NB takes 4-5 times longer to compress)

Look for the following command line in the !makeit.cmd file (towards the bottom)

"%zipPath%" a -t7z "%installerName%" %TmpPath%\* -r -y >NUL 2>&1

Change the line to:

"%zipPath%" a -t7z -mx9 "%installerName%" %TmpPath%\* -r -y >NUL 2>&1

The important part here is -mx9 - Thats it!

Hope this answers your query

Ok, the files I have downloaded are the six packages from

http://ww2.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

I just downloaded them. Your program works great on the Update-Package 1

(The Main Program).

The other 5 are the one that I would like to intergrate into one install.

Thank You,

Actually my scripts work with nero-* and nve-* (package1 and package2) I have not had any requests for features from pack3 and 4 - are these features you would like to have - from pack 3 and 4 i mean? or if you are only after 1 and 2 - then the scripts do that right now... simply have the scripts in the same directory/folder as your nero-* and nve-* and run it... make sure you list all the features you want in the "Start User Configuration Preferences" section of the !makeit.cmd file and thats it...

The possible features to add the the "tlist" line are as follows:

CoverDesigner, ImageDrive, Nero BackItUp, Nero MediaHome, Nero PhotoSnap, Nero Recode, Nero ShowTime, nero soundtrax, Nero StartSmart, Nero Toolkit, Nero Wave Editor, NeroVision, WMPBurn

Hope this answers your question.

yup... wen i run makeit it says cudnt find winrar... shud be edited to %programfiles&

plus the "ahead" folder

Yeah well i have been testing on many type of configurations and i forgot to change it back to %programfiles% when i packed it up.. sorry!

slimzky - what are you refering to with "ahead"?

nvm, after i installed my nero, & checked the folder in program files, the ahead folder is not capitalized (Ahead) :lol: w/c is pretty annoying for me.. so i just changed all of the line in the files from "ahead" to "Ahead"

@felix, my nero installer d0esnt install at all :blink: i tried in a runonceex from CD.. but ican see the extraction window + the registering of dll's..

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.8" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Nero\Nero.exe" /f

is my reg entry correct? :unsure: this is the first time i install from cd.. b4 i was using the %systemdrive%

@felix, my nero installer d0esnt install at all  :blink: i tried in a runonceex from CD.. but ican see the extraction window + the registering of dll's..

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.0.8" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Nero\Nero.exe" /f

is my reg entry correct? :unsure:  this is the first time i install from cd.. b4 i was using the %systemdrive%

well firstly have you tested the installer manually to make sure it is working?

then we can eliminate that the installer is faulty and sort out your run once coding.

Nice one felix, that took of another 2mb of my burning rom only nero, now its only 14mb! brilliant.

Btw, i just found another tweak, use it if you wish.

And thanxs again for this excellent tool. :thumbup

;----Stops New Compilation Window Opening With Nero Burning Rom
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-796845957-412668190-725345543-500\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Settings]
"WorkingDir"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\My Documents"

Nice one felix, that took of another 2mb of my burning rom only nero, now its only 14mb! brilliant.

Btw, i just found another tweak, use it if you wish.

And thanxs again for this excellent tool. :thumbup

;----Stops New Compilation Window Opening With Nero Burning Rom
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-796845957-412668190-725345543-500\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Settings]
"WorkingDir"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\My Documents"

Hi Neanderthal,

Thanks for the good news.

We can use that reg tweak because that is specific to your machine SID. There are ways of doing it but, we would need to add an extra tool to the kit called getsid.exe and the amount of coding and the time to process this during the post_config.cmd processing would be not worth the benefit.

But keep those ideas, suggestions and tweaks coming :)