Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

Ok, tested with Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.13 today. Seems to work great except the 7-zip command.

I don't know what, but my computer can't handle the 7-zip ultra compression. It just get's stuck consuming over 150 MB of ram and using 0-2% cpu usage. Maximum compression (-mx5) does the job with 98% cpu usage and 40 MB ram usage and finishes quick.

BTW, could you please remove the German and Japanese translations out of the package?

hp38user you'll need 512 MB ram memory for 7zip @ Ultra... otherwise process will never finish.. indeed Maximum takes lot less memory, the difference might not even be 1 mb... at least not more then 3 mb...

(extracting goes fast with both ultra and maximum).

@`Felix`:

Just created a new custom Nero... with these apps:

set tlist="CoverDesigner" "Nero Toolkit" "NeroVision"

and added my own serial to register.reg

also disabled quicklaunch icons in post_config:

set enableQL=0

thats all!

Now I still have a very old bug, I thought you found a solution for this long time ago!

- When starting Coverdesigner from Nero Express, I get the error "no Cover Editor installed".

and other bugs:

- no shortcut for NeroVision is created;

- when trying to launch Nerovision (from "C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\w2k\NeroVision.exe") I get the message "One of the application components could not be loaded, please re-install".

--> The shorcut part of post_config.cmd checks if Ahead\NeroVision\NeroVision.exe exists, but this file isn't in that location! not even in the NVE-3.1.0.7.exe file. It has to be w2k\NeroVision.exe

- no shortcuts for NeroTools (this is strange since the files are there and the .cmd file is correct)

- Unknown BurnPhase error (but I didn't had this in the past! thats before I used the .cmd file, so either it has to do with some modifications in recent Nero builds or something else, but before I used the .cmd file I did do it like this method but without a lot of registation of dlls and stuff.. so it is very strange)

tried this on a clean Dutch WinXP SP2 + dutch RyanVM updatepack.

I actually wanted to test it with Dutch languagepack but I wanted to be sure everything worked without any languagepack and without modifying default lang. in the .cmd file.

Could it be I am having these old bugs because I am on Dutch Windows?

• 2 weeks later...

I extracted the Nero files and extracted the Custom Installer Creator into the folder where nero.exe is located and double-clicked makeit.cmd but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong or not doing? I want to remove the following folders:

Nero\Common Files\DSFilters

CoverDesigner

ImageDrive

Nero BackItUp

Nero Soundtrax

Nero StartSmart

Nero ToolKit

Nero Wave Editor

Redist

Setup <Safe to remove?

System <Safe to remove?

WMPBurn

Nero\CDI

DosBootImage.img <safe to remove?

.CHM files

.MSG files

.WAV files

And anything else that does not have to do with extra features besides burning the types of discs mentioned below: (Such as imagegen.dll and karaoke.dll)

I use Nero for Audio, Data and DVD Data and Video.

Please help me out. :)

I extracted the Nero files and extracted the Custom Installer Creator into the folder where nero.exe is located and double-clicked makeit.cmd but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong or not doing?

manual >

How to

1. Extract the contents of the Nero_Custom_Installer_Creator.rar to the same directory as you have saved your Nero-*.exe and (if you are using it) NVE-*.exe. NB The filenames of the source files downloaded from Nero should not be changed as they script looks for the “Nero-*.exe” and “NVE-*.exe”.

2. You will need to edit the register.reg file. The main things to edit are as follows:

"User"="Nero User"

"Company"="Nero AG"

"Serial6"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

a. Change Nero User to Your Name.

b. Change Nero AG to Your Company/Business Name.

c. Insert your serial number replacing the X’s.

d. Add/remove any additional registry tweaks.

3. Edit the !MakeIt.cmd file variables to suit your requirements.

Make sure the rarPath and zipPath are set correctly. You are not required to have both installed. If you do not have one or the other installed just leave the default setting. See Explanation of !Makeit.cmd User Configuration Variables for more information.

4. Edit the post_config.cmd file variable to suit your requirements.

There is only two variable here – the name of the Folder you want your shortcuts to be presented in and enable/disable Quick launch shortcuts. See Explanation of post_config.cmd User Configuration Variables for more information.

5. Now you are ready to run !MakeIt.cmd.

Command line usage: !Makeit.cmd [/?] [/rar] [/7zip] [/nr]

/H - This information.

/RAR - Use WinRAR for creating the custom nero installation archive.

/7ZIP - Use 7-zip for creating the custom nero installation archive.

/NR - Make custom installer for Nero Burning ROM Only.

The /RAR or 7ZIP options are override options for the default archive utility that you have specified when you have edited the !MakeIt.cmd file (step 2).

The /NR options simply removes everything accept for the common files, and Nero Burning ROM.

5. You have now completed the creation of your custom installer.

Edited by `Felix`

Jeremy are you sure you did not extract the nero installer and nero vision installer like you posted previously?

I extracted the Nero files and extracted the Custom Installer Creator into the folder where nero.exe is located and double-clicked makeit.cmd but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong or not doing? I want to remove the following folders:

Because you shouldn't do that, the custom install builder does it for you.

Ofcourse if you do that, the Custom Installation creator will not find the nero installer... so nothing will happen.

btw I still don't have a clue why I am having those old bugs...

Edited by ZileXa

Ok, so I took the Nero install file (the 33 MB file that when you open it extracts the files and folders to the Temp folder. I extracted the Makeit.cmd and other files into the Temp with the Nero installer and double clicked, nothing happened. I'm tired and confused with this...

OK I am not sure... perhaps you are doing it correctly, but just to be sure:

1. download the file "Nero-6.6.0.13.exe" and place this in a new dir: C:\NEW

2. Download "Nero Custom Installer Creator.rar" and extract only this .rar file to C:\NEW

3. follow instructions in PDF file:

-------- 1. edit register.reg (to your needs, dont forget the key)

-------- 2. edit Makit.cmd to your needs

-------- 3. edit post_config.cmd to your needs

4. run Makit.cmd

In this entire proces, you never ran Nero-6.6.0.13.exe ( you never double-clicked it! just downloaded it to C:\NEW)

I got the impression you double clicked "Nero-6.6.0.13.exe", and extracted "Nero Custom Installer Creator.rar" in the TEMP folder wich was created by the nero file...

Don't have a clue why you would do this... since this is not the way described in the PDF. So please read carefully... it is much easier then you think.

@felix: I still don't understand why I get the mentioned bugs... anyone else got this problem?

EDIT: Using NCAB v2 now, works perfectly... but I still prefer this method since it doesn't require installation... only extraction to program files and system32, and 1 .cmd file and 1 .reg file for registration etc. It is the fastest way..

But for now I use ncab since it works fine.

Edited by ZileXa

Jeremy, 1 or 2 components that can be removed with nlite are needed to run this.

It`s a least one of these (can`t remember which)

16-bit support

Application Compatibility Patch

Command-Line Tools

Edited by Neanderthal

Not working for me QUITE!!

Tried just Nero (ie no need to add) and Recode with "Nero Recode" in the MakeIt.cmd. Only got Nero and nero Express shortcuts, No Shortcut for Recode although it was installed.

Also there is no Nero Digital support enabled in Recode. I think the Registry needs to add a key to get that working.

Any ideas?

I had to take out the winrar checks from the cmd, as I was using 7-zip (kept saying winrar didn't exist..). After editing the cmd, it installed fine. Good job :) My question is about the uninstall:

post-59342-1119323009_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

HI!

I have found a bug.

The generated installer doesn't register the nerocom.dll in the system. This is needed so programs that use Nero API, work.

But i also have the solution, its simple. It just needs to add some new registry entries.

To manually fix, just edit the register.reg file and add this entries manually.

Hope it helps,

kalavera

PS: the nero install path is the default path and is hardcoded, with a simple script this can be easily integrated.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F3FBC8E5-93A3-11D4-8217-A85459000000}]
@="Nero Class"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F3FBC8E5-93A3-11D4-8217-A85459000000}\InprocServer32]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Ahead\\Nero\\NeroCom.dll"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F3FBC8E5-93A3-11D4-8217-A85459000000}\ProgID]
@="Nero.Nero.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F3FBC8E5-93A3-11D4-8217-A85459000000}\Programmable]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F3FBC8E5-93A3-11D4-8217-A85459000000}\TypeLib]
@="{C6E033E3-925F-11D4-8214-420BF9000000}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F3FBC8E5-93A3-11D4-8217-A85459000000}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="Nero.Nero"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\shared]
"NeroAPI"="C:\\Program Files\\Ahead\\Nero"

Edited by kalavera