The Best Processor Ever Made (until Now)

phex

Wich one is the best processor for everyday computing (including all aplications)?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Wich one is the best processor for everyday computing (including all aplications)?

• AMD Athlon XP+
    • AMD Athlon 64
    • AMD Opteron
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • Intel Xeon
    • Intel Itanium
    • Motorola G3
    • PowerPC G4
    • PowerPC G5

Pentium produce waaaaaaaaaaay more heat, so athlon!

Muhahaha... my AMD64 is 32 C right now. The CPU fan is running at below 20% power.

At my job, 3 out of 4 Intel P4 servers burnt out and started failing randomly. They'd start rebooting more and more frequently (e.g. they'd last like 5 seconds in Prime95) until eventually they wouldn't turn on at all. Dell replaced them but it happened again for a total of like 7 machines.

Edited by azagahl

Pentium produce waaaaaaaaaaay more heat, so athlon!

Muhahaha... my AMD64 is 32 C right now. The CPU fan is running at below 20% power.

At my job, 3 out of 4 Intel P4 servers burnt out and started failing randomly. They'd start rebooting more and more frequently (e.g. they'd last like 5 seconds in Prime95) until eventually they wouldn't turn on at all. Dell replaced them but it happened again for a total of like 7 machines.

I have a Dell and have had it for just over 2 years now and suddenly it's unusable. Overheated. ATI Radeon 9800 Pro got so hot that just touching it burnt my fingers. Fan on it was pretty dusty, but then again, so was the rest of the case. Face it people, Intel SUCKS. AMD pwnz.

By the way, this is the new case I am getting.

my very very old Dell 468 dx 66 with windows 3.1 :D it would still be going now if it werent for the fact that i pulled it to pieces for spare parts. nowdays though Amd all the way, they totally dominate the processor market.

Edited by ScubaSteve