RunonceexMaker

echap2000

it's normal.. because, when you create your runonceex.cmd , you must USE this application. It's also generate a second file called : runonceex.ini . When You open runonceex.cmd , it looks for runonceex.ini. If this file exists, the application read it. And open the project. So, you can open runonceex.cmd if it's created by this application and if .ini file is with it's .cmd

Ok have been doing some testing (v0.2), first thing is that if you currently have a RunOnceEx.cmd file - you get an error if you try to open it (This is with the english lang turned on).

Second, there is no.ini being written, and so the language setting etc is not kept.

It would be worth you having a look at RunOnceEx Creator as most of us have given feedback on that and there is a lot of good stuff in there that you could and should include on runonceex maker.

Hope this feedback helps

echap,

v0.3 is looking good. Ok here is some feedback.

1. the .ini file should save to the same directory as runonceexmaker.exe

2. the .ini should be a single file, eg. runonceexmaker.ini - then with in the file all of the information should be written.

3. personally i think if you allow runonceexmaker.exe to read the information from the .cmd file when opening you would not need to write all this information to .ini - this too would allow for you to open already created runonceex.cmd files - this would be a big plus!!! and most mosted wanted :thumbup

4. All variables should be together such as add cmdow and add %cdrom% and i would just suggest a drop down/fold out panel...

5. below are some launch location variables, (need to add a %PP% [program path] var so it would look something like this:

SET PP=%cdrom%\Apps\

here is some other to add to the list:
%systemdrive%
%windir%

then in addition we have the following install directories:
\install\
\apps\

6. an undo option like "ctrl z" so if you do a move or change you can reverse it quick and easy.

7. a help option and maybe some help tips when you put your mouse over an option. I will start writing some help information in english and send them to you. :thumbup

8. automatically populate "filename to search for" with win51 and have this set from the .ini file - then in future the user could change this to suit themselves.

Thats it for now... hope this information helps :yes:

2. the .ini should be a single file, eg. runonceexmaker.ini - then with in the file all of the information should be written.

I won't use ini file.. Juste write all informations into registry. it's better.
3. personally i think if you allow runonceexmaker.exe to read the information from the .cmd file when opening you would not need to write all this information to .ini - this too would allow for you to open already created runonceex.cmd files - this would be a big plus!!! and most mosted wanted 

Sure but much difficult to realize I'll try :)

4. All variables should be together such as add cmdow and add %cdrom% and i would just suggest a drop down/fold out panel...
What do you mean : a drop down/fold out panel ???
5. below are some launch location variables, (need to add a %PP% [program path] var so it would look something like this:

CODESET PP=%cdrom%\Apps\

OK :)

6. an undo option like "ctrl z" so if you do a move or change you can reverse it quick and easy.
OK :)
7. a help option and maybe some help tips when you put your mouse over an option. I will start writing some help information in english and send them to you.

8. automatically populate "filename to search for" with win51 and have this set from the .ini file - then in future the user could change this to suit themselves.

Do you mean win51 by default ?

I won't use ini file.. Juste write all informations into registry. it's better.

Excellent!

3. personally i think if you allow runonceexmaker.exe to read the information from the .cmd file when opening you would not need to write all this information to .ini - this too would allow for you to open already created runonceex.cmd files - this would be a big plus!!! and most mosted wanted 

Sure but much difficult to realize I'll try :)

ok - that i can understand.

Do you mean win51 by default ?

Yes.

After using it abit i found a few problem / issues.

1. Is 300 entry a bit too much. I would suggest 50 entry to start with and a function to add more entry as needed. This way when you click on the scroll bar accidentaly it wouldn't scroll to the middle of no where.

2. Another problem is that my saved file when loaded again results in a completely different look / order. I am still trying to reproduce my problem.......

Edit: I think i found the problem. It is because of incomplete / unfinish setting. I left in a few Program with only Names and no file name. Some with file name but no Description. That was because i am unsure of things. I suppose this is not a bug, but a reminder to tell user that they much complete their setting / config in one go otherwise they would lose their previous work.