Thread Cleaning

fmxer

rome wasnt built in a day.. as the saying goes :P

& everyone is wanting 2 rush threw there unattended installs , there are very few that really take the time & LEARN what they are doing , rather then just copying other ppls work

i think its good that ppl should have 2 atleast look for there stuff , & the search button usually only holds a few results if the keywords are good & not something common like "Run" which would list ALOT of posts with "RunOnce" in them :P

i like the Unattended guide, its just that some of the threads in the forums are hard to get the full idea of what to do in order to slipstream some programs into the install.

so the idea was to just for someone to go through and put all the relevant info on the first page/post, oh well. Thanks anyway :)

so the idea was to just for someone to go through and put all the relevant info on the first page/post

I get what you mean... but the forum has grown to become so big that one person cannot do that. And if 10 people have to do that, you have to give them a good reason or motivation for it.... And then there's the point of what happens if after everything's been sorted, again people post everything in the wrong places?

We do our best to keep it clean and threads sorted properly... beyond that probably the members have to take an active interest in things themselves and not post eighty times about the same old issue which got resolved ages ago!

so the idea was to just for someone to go through and put all the relevant info on the first page/post

I get what you mean... but the forum has grown to become so big that one person cannot do that. And if 10 people have to do that, you have to give them a good reason or motivation for it.... And then there's the point of what happens if after everything's been sorted, again people post everything in the wrong places?

We do our best to keep it clean and threads sorted properly... beyond that probably the members have to take an active interest in things themselves and not post eighty times about the same old issue which got resolved ages ago!

I agree the task is enormous for anyone to take on. I think the moderators do a pretty job keeping threads clean.

i like the Unattended guide, its just that some of the threads in the forums are hard to get the full idea of what to do in order to slipstream some programs into the install.

so the idea was to just for someone to go through and put all the relevant info on the first page/post, oh well. Thanks anyway :)

Redoing the Unattended Guide was a large task, and most of the information from this forum had to be cut to get the thing out. If i hadn't, it would have been probally another year till the guide was updated.

lol but the unattended guide is fine, but i meant:

Say someone has almost figured out how to add a silent install of Miranda IM.

They make a thread asking for some help. By around the 5th or 6th page

it has been worked out and people have posted solutions and it now works great, can the first post just be updated with the correct info on how they did it so from then on noobs like me will find it easier to understand?

By around the 5th or 6th page it has been worked out and people have posted solutions and it now works great

I agree, this is normally the case. And anyone finds it difficult to wade through 10 pages and more - its difficult to read, as well as to keep loading one page after another. May I suggest what I do?

Take a look at the print function of the forum. You see this at the top-right of every topic:

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
If you click the print link, you will get a new page with the entire content with all posts on one huge HTML page. This you can now save to a folder somewhere and read at your leisure whenever you have time. Let me confess I do this and some topics take 2 hours to read - but its never been a waste of time as by the end of it I've learnt a lot along the way.