The Return Of "quick Launch"

well, it was all my bad bad

I was searching for quicklaunch where quick or launch would have been better

I was getting all mad because I was trying to read that tweak file line for line till my eyes went :rolleyes::blink:

so now I can finally go to sleep :D

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. (Hey, I deserve to have my post count go up too, after all. :P)

First off, I'm a bit confused here. Are Bootney and ^_^ the same person? Just curious, because the thread certainly reads that way.

Anyway, on to the issue itself. You may not have noticed in the Reg Tweaks thread itself, but there is a bit of a discussion about that particular tweak going on. While the tweak is labeled "Enable Quick Launch Bar," it seems that what this tweak actually does is "Make my Taskbar look like this." For best results using this tweak, I suggest setting you Taskbar up the way you like and then exporting the following value from your registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop]
"TaskbarWinXP"=

Just use the Ctrl-F (or F3) search to find what you need...
Please give the poor newbie at least a little bit of credit. He said himself that he was searching, he just had the misfortune of not choosing the correct search string. I'm sure that is something that has happend to all of us at one point or another.

There, have I satisfied eveyone enough that I have earned my +1 post count? Sheesh. As if my post count even matters. Some people really need to grow up...

I'st No more M'r Nice guy....

I want it.. Yes I want your.. Quick Launch solutions!!

I have spent over 4 day's with reg tips... But still no joy.

What I want is you attached complete, Quick Launch working files...

.CMD .reg and .txt files PLEASE NNNoooo pages of reg codes

just attached .CMD .reg and .txt files so I can save it to HD.

See my guide link below for the solution.

While the tweak is labeled "Enable Quick Launch Bar," it seems that what this tweak actually does is "Make my Taskbar look like this." For best results using this tweak, I suggest setting you Taskbar up the way you like and then exporting the following value from your registry:

No one ever listens to me...

I've said that sinc the beginning of people wanting to customize the taskbar, and everytime it just seemed like I was being ignored, so I stopped saying it.

The tweak effect almost EVERYTHING on the task, from what taskbars are shown, they're placement (including those that aren't actually PART of the taskbar anymore), along with width height, and I believe even the "hiding" icons thing on the right. There is ALOT of information in that tweak.

Bootney, and you want complete solutions attached here, BECAUSE? :angry:

This is a topic which I myself remember having participated in atleast 50 threads about.... And the people here aren't even bluntly telling you to search, they have given pointers and links, etc. You have to work for what you want to achieve.

Chill out and make others feel at ease. Else, action needs to be taken. NO MORE CHANCES. This is a warning from a moderator.

Oh my, I C now what bootney is about

I don't mind working and searching, I'd say I have about 2 weeks or better into my unattended.

My first try took at least 6 hours and I've been tweaking and modifying since

It's worth it, but sometimes when you feel like you're banging your head against a wall looking for something that you KNOW has to be there and it's hiding, that's when I go nuts :wacko:

See, that's what happens when you try to do stuff after working all day. :}

Now, just one more question regarding this tweak.

Should it be run at the time cmdlines.txt runs, or at the GuiRunOnce time?

i am making my UA setup for 13 months now

and i've NEVER used an approach like this:

Were are the ATTACHMENTS...

I DO'NT want to read goto LINKS!!

I WANT COMPLETE SOLUTIONS ATTACHED HERE!

now, who the **** do you think you are, to ask things like that, the way you do?

please let me know...

Yes, I and most people still recognized the word. Please don't use it on this board again ~ Alanoll