911 button in my room?

matrix0978

i think most alarm systems (at least the one's i know) can be set to call numbers automatically,

my uncle's alarm calls us, the police and some other ppl.

but thats in case of someone breaking in, i mean is it really hard to press 3 buttons? 9 1 1 in touch phone it should be fairly easy.

these days we've cell phones so if u're not sitting close to your home phone and if u don't feel like walking up to it just call 911 from your cell.

i think cell phone are so much better for emergency occasions, for example say a very clever, well doesn't have to be, came to your house and cut the phone wiring, well u've your cell phone which he cannot cut unless he's a maniac and hacked into the phone service and disabled your number or something...

i think most alarm systems (at least the one's i know) can be set to call numbers automatically

Yes, MOST of ALL security alarms are directly connected to a monitoring station via a dedicated phone line, if it's tripped the monitoring center is alerted and they automatically dispatch police, no questions asked.

However, if you trip it and re-arm it or disable the alarm by pin dispatch will attempt to contact you to verify that it is a false alarm and that you have armed/disarmed it.

They are all subscriber based, just like your electricity bill.