Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

Hate to be "that guy" but I am still getting the "Something Went Wrong" when trying to download USP5.....

I am not using any download managers, etc.

I have tried with both FF and IE, using both browers with and without a proxy and still no dice. Anyone give me an idea? I want USP5!! :D

Does anyone want to mirror the dl's?

If anyone knows how to upload the USP5 to some public server (like Gape's 98SE SP), please do so.

Generally, you may do as you please with the USP5 as far as I am concerned - but don't change anything if you pass it on, and please include everything from the .zip file. ;)

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer B)

I'll write out the new hex addresses et al when I get a chance tomorrow, since AFAIK they're not available anywhere for these versions. Sorry.

Okay, these are the changes you need to make, remembering to back up first, and that I'm not responsible if stuff breaks:

For 256-colour tray icons, change the following in explorer.exe (version 5.0.3900.6920, file size 242,448 bytes, located in main Windows directory):

at x618E, change 01 to 11

at x12235, change 01 to 11

at x12246, change 01 to 11

To disable WFP, change the following in sfc.dll (version 5.0.2195.6921, file size 94,456 bytes, located in system32 subdirectory to Windows directory):

at x6276, change 8B C6 to 90 90

All of these have changed since their respective previous versions, so please make sure that you have the right vesions and the like if you do try them.

Hate to be "that guy" but I am still getting the "Something Went Wrong" when trying to download USP5..... 

I am not using any download managers, etc.

I have tried with both FF and IE, using both browers with and without a proxy and still no dice.  Anyone give me an idea?  I want USP5!!  :D

Try again. I forgot to update file. lol

If you dont know, your ISP is banned because of past Abuse.

BTW I am not the one that banned you but my host has.

So when your banned it takes you to the forbidden page which I had not updated yet.

Use a proxy or something. :P

Edited by war59312

Is this program on sourceforge or anything? I would really like to get it, but My ISP has been blocked, and (i can only assume because my ISP is my uber-paranoid university) I am unable to get a proxy tool (tried switchproxy and tor) to work :realmad:

I would love to get a copy of this project, is there any other mirrors or means by which I could download this program :(

USP5 (for those who cant get it from the original author's site...

this offer only stands for people who wish to activly participate in testing fixing of adding new features... downloads, may be through IRC / FTP or Gmail) ...

PM me, why you want it and ill get back to you...

(this is a for dev-people offer only - because i have to pay for every GB i upload)...

I'd just like to say; Gurgelmeyer, you are the man!

I've installed your USP5 on 3 machines so far - one machine was a post install which originally had SP4 and the other two were integrated installs using nlite and I have to say its flawless.

You're an asset to the win2k community :)

It would be nice if there were instructions on the first post of this thread on how to silently install the option packs (IC.exe, DX.exe, DA.exe). Not wanting to read through 47 pages, I assumed they were 7-zip files that auto-install, but they appear to be shrunken Microsoft hotfixes. What switches do these packs use? I want to add them to my cmdlines.txt.