Windows 2000 "Hotstream" Project

Gurgelmeyer

AAARGHHH!!! (sry for shouting - hope I didn't scare anyone)

Already got 254 non-public hotfixes but I found 10 more hotfixes today - need someone to help me get the last 8 of those.... anyone - PLEASE PLEASE

(Can't offer any special "reward" this time - but I'll owe you a favor if you help me out!)

Best regards

Gurgelmeyer B)

PS - You won't need the MS URP1 when it becomes available - I'm ready to include it in a complete rebuild when it hits the web - just give me 1 hour :whistle:

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

the MS URP1 when it becomes available - I'm ready to include it in a complete rebuild when it hits the web - just give me 1 hour  :whistle:

Any idea when they will release it yet?

BTW you are a genius. I read this thread from the beginning and the buildup to URP1 was so exciting I had to try very hard not to skip to page 14 immediately.

Thanks for your hard work and keep it up! :D

@slippykillsticks - thanks a lot for your support :hello: - I appreciate it!

June 14 is still my best bet for the MS URP - but who knows, it might show up earlier. Sometimes there are 4 weeks or so between build time and RTW - the Redmonians are probably still busy testing this update thoroughly (at least I hope they are).

@you-known-who-you-are-and-you-told-me-not-to-tell-anyone - thanks!!

@boooggy - thanks!!

10 new hotfixes integrated (I always find a few extra ones don't I) - 2 more for tomorrow I hope :thumbup

Best regards,

Gurgelmeyer :)

Ok.

I'm a newby just about to start my first 2000 slipstream.

I was compliing a list of hot fixes as advised on the guide.

So what you are saying is I don't need this exhaustive hot fix list which is awesom to say the least!

i guess that there will be little hotfixes left then will there?

How best would I find out what hotfixes I still need after slipstreamin win2k 'gold' and sp4?

thanks

great news this

:blink:

If I already have a slipstreamed $OEM$ install CD can i add these files to the install under RunOnceEx and if so what switches should i use..???

Try running one of the files from a command line and use "/?" as a switch (without the quotes obviously). I think it give /passive, /quiet, and /norestart as some options that you might try.

I've tried slipstreaming directly with /integrate:[sOURCE SHARE] to no avail. I think gurgelmeyer is working on a way to slipstreaming properly called NTGRATE.

Good luck with your slipstream. :D You might want to also try out a reduction tool such as nLite.

@Ghostrider - Yep - I'll have a solution before the MS URP hits the web!

As soon as Microsoft decides to release their URP, I'll have mine available an hour later or so; it will include many more hotfixes than any previous version, AND it will include the final MS URP itself. :)

Edited by Gurgelmeyer

@Ghostrider - Yep - I'll have a solution before the MS URP hits the web!

As soon as Microsoft decides to release their URP, I'll have mine available an hour later or so; it will include many more hotfixes than any previous version, AND it will include the final MS URP itself.  :)

Will we be able to slipstream it into a source share using /integrate? :blushing: