The best anti-spyware for XP professional

coocy

yeh i havent tested it yet on any M$ OS yet their new anti spyware.

Might go visit some heavily infected spyware sites later and test it out ;).

But atm i use Adaware and Spybot S&D - also use IE6 which doesnt help, i might change to firefox when i complete my new unattended installation of XP soon.

Adaware and Spybot are good for picking up spyware, but whats a good "firewall" for spyware then...besides firefox i guess?

I use spybot SD, AD aware(you get real time protection with paid version), Spywareblaster (prevents spyware),spywaregaurd (real time protection), and Ms antispyware(has active prevention and scanning). along with firefox ths gets rid of almost all spyware. i guss im a little excessive :blushing: oh well i wish ms would patch the DSO exploit in IE so it wouldnt show up in spybot :realmad:

I would recommending using 2 spy/adware programs.

I use Adware because that gets the mode of everything a does a good job but doesnt get every little thing up. And SpyBot get the things adware doesnt pick up. Very useful! ;)

[M]at[R]i[X]

One situation of hard infected PC:

The one thing I can say is that these spyware tools are no good when the spyware is already on your PC. I tried every spyware tool that I know about and they all did the same thing, except Ad-Aware SE Pro. Ad-Aware was one of the worst ones, it couldn't detect half of what the others could.

:whistle:

Limited user account, alternative browser (I use Firefox), Kill bits (spywareblaster and blocklist from spywareguide), IESpyad and maybe a host file too.

You can then scan with any combination of Ad-aware, Spybot, MS antispyware or HijackThis but you won't find anything.