RASOR - Textmode Driver Utility

trainee

I used RASOR for integrating the NVIDIA raid drivers

on the setup I get an error message "missing entry "IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI IDE Controller" in section [scsi] of txtsetup.sif

how can I fix this problem - what do I have to add?

*edit*

sry - the entries were different (in txtsetup it was called "IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI IDE-Controller"

this may be caused by the localization of windows

now i have the same problem as plzlisn :(

@ital0dancer: Can you show us your winnt.sif and the txtsetup.oem files? You really shouldnt have a txtsetup.sif file problem, but you are are correct: it may be a localization problem. I think you can try two things. First, you can try installing in english. I know that isnt what you want in the end, but we can identify if it really is a localization problem this way. Secondly on a machine with XP installed in your language you can look at the primary IDE driver and see what it is labeled as. It wont be identical but it will give us an idea if it is different. My english installation is labeled as "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Bâshrat the Sneaky

But that error what i mention above was after i change my mass storage line for this code in my textsetup.sif, because my xp it spanish version.

"Controladora para CD-ROM IDE (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI"

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just used it to integrate the nvraid drivers into my xpcd for my new computer, since it wouldnt let me install the drivers from a floppy. i was so psyched wheni found this, it seemed like an awesome program. but using the xpcd i used this on makes my system reboot whenever it finishes loading all the drivers and stuff (the part where it says "Starting Windows..." after loading everything and before HD format options).

what could be the problem? if i can get this to work i will be so happy. here's what it added to my winnt.sif file if you need that info:

[B]Winnt.sif[/B]

[MassStorageDrivers]
   "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)" = "OEM"
   "NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller (required)" = "OEM"
   "IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI IDE Controller" = "RETAIL"

[OemBootFiles]
   TXTSETUP.OEM
   nvraid.sys
   nvraid.inf
   nvraidco.dll
   nvraid.cat
   nvatabus.sys
   nvatabus.inf
   idecoi.dll
   nvata.cat
   nvuide.exe
   nvide.nvu
   nvcoi.dll
   NvRaidEnu.dll
   NvRaidMan.exe
   nvraidservice.exe
   NvRaidSvEnu.dll
   NvRaidWizard.dll
   NvRaidWizardEnu.dll
   RegRaid.bat

[B]TXTSETUP.OEM (probably is nothin wrong here but i thought id include it anyways)[/B]

[Disks]
d1 = "NVIDIA RAID DRIVER (SCSI)", \disk1, \

[scsi]
RAIDCLASS = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)"
BUSDRV = "NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller (required)"

[Defaults]
scsi = RAIDCLASS

[Files.scsi.RAIDCLASS]
driver  = d1, nvraid.sys,RAIDCLASS
inf     = d1, nvraid.inf
inf     = d1, nvraidco.dll
catalog = d1, nvraid.cat

[Files.scsi.BUSDRV]
driver  = d1, nvatabus.sys,BUSDRV
inf     = d1, nvatabus.inf
inf     = d1, idecoi.dll
catalog = d1, nvata.cat

[Config.RAIDCLASS]

[Config.BUSDRV]

[HardwareIds.scsi.RAIDCLASS]
id = "GenNvRaidDisk","nvraid"
id = "*_NVRAIDBUS","nvraid"

[HardwareIds.scsi.BUSDRV]
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055", "nvatabus"

and yes i do use rasor, i think its really cool :thumbup you should definitely continue work on it.

Yeah, I don't check the msfn forums very much anymore, so good call on the pm.

That said, thanks for using rasor! Your problem sounds very very familiar, but its not ringing any bells at the moment. I would also like to point out that the RASOR driver package is not the most recently available drivers that nvidia has realeased. It should still work, but I haven't updated them since most people didnt seem to care.

Would it be possible to post the rest of your winnt.sif? Just xxxxx out the serial and other personal information.

Also when you first start your installation you can watch the drivers being read/loaded across the bottom of the screen. Its really really boring, but if you catch a glimpse of the nvidia drivers then atleast you know they are probably loading.

Finally, make sure you cd isnt too full. I had an intermittent problem for a few days that I couldnt figure out, and it turned out that I was at the edge of the cd's capacity, and sometimes it would burn correctly and sometimes it wouldn't.

Ill let you now if I think of anything else.

i know that the nvidia drivers do load, i see them when they do.

im going to try to burn another cd with the updated files inserted wherever rasor has put them and see where that goes. however the raid disc that i got from my manufacturer doesnt include the following files:

NvRaidEnu.dll

NvRaidMan.exe

nvraidservice.exe

NvRaidSvEnu.dll

NvRaidWizard.dll

NvRaidWizardEnu.dll

RegRaid.bat

do i need them?

and i believe that my xpcd should have enough room, it has about 50MB free on it.

here's my winnt.sif, let me know if anything looks bad. i have textmode manual, and everything else is unattended. thanks for the reply! :D

WINNTcopy.sif

• 2 weeks later...

We still dont seem to have a solution for themadduck. And I have some other news: RASOR will be going offline for atleast a couple of days up to 2weeks. If you are trying to use RASOR after May 31st, the server will be unreachable. I should have it up again by June 4th, but I cant be sure. I apologize to anyone who tries to use the program during this time. It has been a constant battle with my webhost, and I finally decided that I needed to relocate to a more responsible company. Ill update when the move is complete.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@rgreen83:  I didn't think there was any interest anymore...

Do people actually use Rasor????

Why wouldn't there be any interest? Maybe I missed something, but isn't this like a 1 step intergration of drivers (for text portion of setup) without going through all that editing of the sif files and inf's and stuff?

• 1 month later...

The link in the inital post to the util appears to be broken... I'd love to get my fingers on this. I just went through the process for my 3ware sata card with the txtsetup.sif edits (wow, what a friggin hack) and it 07b bluescreened when it tried to start server 2003. I found this post and I'm going to be trying it with the OEMbootfiles method when I get back from lunch.

I was thinking to myself "gee, I should write a utility that looks at drivers and spits out the right entries"... and lo I stumble on to this.

With a broken link :realmad::(