Maxthon vs. Firefox

GeneralMandible

Which is better between the two?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better between the two?

• Firefox
    • Maxthon (formerly MyIE2)

GeneralMandible, I think it would make more sense if you made a poll of Firefox vs. Opera...........cause this poll is more or less the same as Firefox vs. IE......since Maxthon is (like somebody else here said) basically a skin for IE......

Anyway, to get the point across...........FIREFOX RULES! :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be the odd one out... Maxthon.

I find it simply easier to setup and use.

And a counter-arguement to some other people... it's not simply a skin for IE. Yes, it uses the IE Core, but there are many other features that come built in with Maxthon that make it much more functional than simply a good looking IE.

For example, here is a small list of features that come built in with Maxthon (no plugins or extra installs to bother with):

• Mouse Gestures
  • ActiveX Blocking
  • Java Applet Blocking
  • URL Alias
  • URL Keys
  • Tabbed Browsing
  • Skinnable
  • Pop-up blocker
  • Ad-blocker
  • Ability to integrate a download manager (not included)
  • Tray Icon
  • Minimize/Close to Tray
  • Cleaning of Internet Files on close
  • Favorites Groups

All of this stuff comes included with the installer. If you don't like a function (like Mouse Gestures for me), simply disable it.

Just for all you people who might claim that it's still vulnerable to spyware, I've been running Maxthon ever since it switched from MyIE2, and along with an updated Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster, I haven't got a single piece of spyware on my system in three months (ever since I formatted).

This is just my opinion. I think that since 90% of the websites out there are probably made to work in IE, why not use a program that's compatible. It's like trying to use a flat-head screwdriver to turn a philips screw. It might work some of the time, but then others, you'll still need to revert back to the philips.

(It's kinda funny that I relate philips screwdrivers with IE... philips have got to be the worst screws out there... [Like IE (alone) is probably the worst browser out there] I wish I could make a Robertson browser... now that would be awesome :P )