bsplayer vs powerdvd

MCT

bsplayer or powerdvd  

16 members have voted

1. 1. bsplayer or powerdvd

• bsplayer
    • powerdvd
    • other

ive just downloaded bsplayer, ive been using powerdvd, beplayer seems just as good, i was wondering what everyone thinks of them?

ps: plz only ppl that've used both pieces of software vote/comment

BSPlayer all the way... I've been using it from years (yeah I remember seeing Gladiator movie with it).

Takes less system resources than many more video players including PowerDVD and have double of posibilities.

bsplayer+winamp it's my perfect team :P

I was with PowerDVD, and still use that.

But since the last 6 months, when BSplayer was being distributed along with "all-codecs" packs, I sort of got drawn towards it - simply because you could throw any media file at it, no matter what format, and it would play. :D

But yeah, if this poll is about which one of the two you'd rather use to play a DVD, I'd prefer PowerDVD any day - simply because I received it bundled with my drive, with a proper key.

I mean, BSPlayer isn't bad - but it's lacking all the nice options, customizations and extra features of Zoom Player. Ever peeked at the advanced options? You can even make custom filtergraphs in ZP (I use it all the time too). It's super powerful, nothing comes close to it. It also does DRM'ed WMV (ok, not the free version). I use it to play DVDs, mpeg4, and even my home made HD DVD's (else, if I keep the movie as .ts - then I use VLC). Among HTPC'ers, Theatertek is probably the second most popular player after ZP. The decoders from PowerDVD and WinDVD aren't bad - but I'm sticking to the new nvDVD 4 in a custom filtergraph (with nice ffdshow post processing and a couple directx filters for the audio too). Once you try that, I don't think you ever want to go back to anything else. (Oh, and girder to control ZP with remote control)

Media = Media Player Classic (1.3 MB)

Audio = 1By1 (46 kb)

What do both of these have in common?

1. They are both small in size.

2. They don't install, they are simply exe's that you open and use. Simple as that.

:thumbup

1By1 is only for MP3s through so if you want multiple audio formats, this one's not for you.