RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

Were you the same person who also emailed me? :rolleyes:. I'm seeing active sending connections as I type this, so I'm pretty certain the problem's not on my end. (In fact, I've had over 1000 successful file downloads from my FTP since switching over to it).

IM me and I can send it to you over that.

At the risk of p***ing somebody else off, here goes:

I've maintained 3 versions of WinXP (SP1) Unattended installs for several months: (1) XP Pro Corporate, (2) XP Pro OEM, and (3) XP Home OEM.

I recently decided to get with the program and make installs for XP SP2, especially now that there are "pre SP3 Hotfixes" .

I decided to use RyanVM's excellent SP2 Update Pack.

So I did. Everything works OK for Pro Corp and Pro OEM. However, XP Home OEM gives me the dreaded "Framedyne.dll" and "srclient.dll" errors.

One thing that is different about the Home ver. is that I started with a SP1 OEM CD (then slipstreamed SP2 on it, no errors).

Is there some feature which is missing in the Home ver, that is needed for one of the elements of RyanVM's update pack?

BTW, no, I did not use nLite.....

Framedyn.dll. Slowly he turned, step by step....

But 2 out of 3 ain't bad, is it??

by the way, you didn't p*** me off. :)

but now I can address this error, framedyn.dll atleast...

did you search this thread?

did you make the neccesary entries in txtsetup.sif for RyanVM's files? I forgot once and it caused the framedyn.dll error.

Thanks.

I did the same exact thing for the XP Home OEM that I did for Pro Corporate and Pro OEM. I edited the txtsetup.sif. I even checked to make sure the edits were on exactly the same line (right after [Files]) in the DOSNET.INF file and in the same area in txtsetup.sif...

I did read this entire thread, and I wonder if some of these other Framedyn complainers aren't revealing that they are using XP Home.

BTW, I had whined about Taskkill earlier. It turns out I had added it to my earlier Home install. Dump it into i386, and another txtsetup.sif edit...

Are there issues when you slipstream SP2 into a previously (SP1) slipstreamed image? I've read there aren't, but I've also seen hints ther might be...

I've heard anecdotally of people having problems slipstreaming SP2 over SP1.

As for issues with XP Home, I can't personally test it since I don't have access to XP Home. However, none of the updates included are specific to XP Pro, so I can't see why that would matter.

Though come to think of it, I could see some issues with sysoc.inf being different for the two. Could you please contact me over IM?

OK, I've had a chance to compare the XP Home version of sysoc.inf to the XP Pro version, and there are definitely differences. I've got a guinea pig who's going to try a different sysoc.inf and we'll see how that goes. If it works, I'll make the necessary changes to my site to accomodate XP Home users. Thankfully, it's very simple if that's all it turns out to be.

OK, things look good for the sysoc.inf fix for XP Home. Attached is an XP Home version of sysoc.in_ for those of you who need it. Just download it and place it in your i386 directory. Again, THIS IS ONLY FOR XP HOME USERS.

Second, yes I'm aware of the KB885932 hotfix. It'll be included in the next release. Please don't PM/IM/email/respond to this thread telling me about it.

sysoc.in_

In the mean time, if you must make an ISO, and have a nLited XPCD

ready with Ryan's update pack already in it, just open nLite and stop at

the slipstream page and browse to the new up date and integrate it,

just like it was sp2, works perfect.