[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

This topic is all very interesting (basically re-jigging an install to expand and compress but add in auto-serial and silent) but how about real CUSTOM installs... I hate having Nero Showtime and its associations install. I just want, for example, Nero Burning and Nero ReCode (no Nerovision)...

A way to do that would be great..... quite why Ahead cannot give us a proper installer is beyond me... They FORCE their "added value" onto us!

ok i looked over the past few pages and didn't see any info about this so i'll go ahead and post it

I'm trying to do an Unattended Nero Install but no mater what i do it pops up a window that seas to click next then finish when the install is done. As far as i know i've only seen this since 6606 mabe they will fix it in 6607 or what ever the next verson will be .... but here is the code i'm using to execute nero setup (i did extract the archive)

setup.exe /SN=(no you can't have it) /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL

i hv never seen this error before. in fact if u read through all 8 pages

u wont find a similar problem.

meaning that you've done something wrong. i suggest u read the guide

on the first page and do it step by step.

since u posted a new thread it just means that u did not read this guide.

ok a little more information .... i'm using XPlode .... apparently it's conflicting with xplode .... working it out now.

her's the Xplode code for that item

<execute>
<program>#xplode#\Nero\setup.exe</program>
<arguments>/SN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL</arguments>
<wait>true</wait>
<hide>true</hide>
</execute>

Very strang indead :}

i had to make a small 1 line batch file and execute that batch file from the XPlode script

so now it looks like this

XPlode.xml

<execute>
<program>#xplode#\Nero\run.cmd</program>
<arguments></arguments>
<wait>true</wait>
<hide>true</hide>
</execute>

run.cmd

setup /SN=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL

Hi there..

I've found a NEW (very fast) method to create a silent STRIPPED install of Nero, no need for zero-byte files!:

Make sure you have the following files in $OEM$\$$\System32:

7za.exe

cmdow.exe

shortcut.exe (only need this one if you want this package to create shortcuts)

1. Download nero, start installer and copy the contents of RARSFX0 in your \Documents and Settings\profile\Local Settings\Temp  to a new folder (Nerosilent for example).

Now, in this folder, rename SYSTEM to system32, Common Files to 'Ahead'.

Create 3 folders, and place the renamed folders as shown:

Nerosilent\Windows\System32

Nerosilent\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead,

Create a new folder 'Ahead' in Nerosilent\Program Files

Now copy ONLY the folders you want to be installed to this 'Ahead' folder:

Nero

Nero Toolkit

CoverDesigner

ImageDrive (recommended for removal if you don't need virtual cd drives)

Nero BackitUp (100% recommended for removal!)

Nero StartSmart (100% recommended for removal!)

Nero Soundtrax (100% recommended for removal!)

Nero Wave Editor (100% recommended for removal!)

Delete all other files folders (folders 'Setup', 'WMPBurn', 'Redist' and the files Setup.exe setup.cfg, VersionInfo.txt) they are not part of the Nero program and  be deleted.

You can copy paste the items of your languagepack to the folders. Also you can DELETE the german and Japanese languagefiles (dunnow why but they are there)! (search for files with DEU/JPN in the name...)

Now select Windows and Program files and create a 7zip file (for example Nero.7z).

Use the following installnero.cmd and regfile for installing:

cmdow @ /HID
7za x -y -o%systemdrive% %cdrom%install\Nero\Nero.7z
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ahead\Shared" /v "AudioPlugIn" /d "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\AudioPlugins" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ahead\Shared" /v "DriveLocker" /d "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib\DriveLocker.dll" /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ahead\Shared" /v "Lib" /d "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib" /f
regsvr32.exe /S %cdrom%install\Nero\register.reg
EXIT

in register.reg:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;following key is for Dutch languagepack only, don't use it if you want English or modify
;if you use different language.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General]
"RegisteredTypesNeroLanguage"="Dutch"
"Language"="NLD,ENG"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
"ShowSingleRecorderSpeed"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NeroFilterCheck"=-

OPTIONAL:

If you want shortcuts, add this to the .cmd file:

md "%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Bureaublad\Nero Express.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe" /p:"/w" /i:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe,1"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero Express.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe" /p:"/w" /i:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe,1"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero Burning Rom.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\nero.exe"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero CD Speed.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\Nero Toolkit\cdspeed.exe"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero DriveSpeed.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\Nero Toolkit\drivespeed.exe"
shortcut /a:c /f:"%UserProfile%\Menu Start\Programma's\Nero Burning Rom\Nero InfoTool.lnk" /t:"%programfiles%\Nero Burning ROM\Nero Toolkit\infotool.exe"

Ofcourse, as you can see this only creates the shortcuts for Nero Express and the Nero Tools... you can easily edit to create more... I don't use this at all... have an entire modified All Users\Menu Start rar SFX containing my shortcuts :)

ENJOY!

pros: No unused unneccesary 0byte files you have to create... also no unneeded 0bytefiles/folders on the harddisk... and you decide exactly what parts of Nero you want... no script to modify...

also can be used for the 2nd pack.

takes about 5-10minutes first time (7z creation takes longer)

Credits to hp38user in the dutch forums... I translated and made it more correct :)

Please post comments...  vote for this in the topicstart  :thumbup

Hi ZileXa,

This is the method i have been using and it is working like a treat! One issue that i thought i would raise is that this will only work if you are installing your applications to drive C: I have been experimenting with installations to drive D: but as yet have not come up with a simple solution. We could extract the contents to a tmp location and then copy to the right locations - D:\program files, D:\program files\common file and c:\windows... but i am looking to see if we can make it more simple than that. Will keep you posted.

Simonsay >> Very good guide dude! simple and straight forward as i have found with all your guides. keep up the great work!

Can this method be used for NVE for example? Also does it stop all those damned associations to Nero Showtime etc....

All I want from Nero is the burning package and recode (with nero digital)

ZileXa's way will address your need for just "burning package and recode (with nero digital)" as for the associations - create a registry file and remove them :)

instead of having nero install image drive & all those other things i never use..

if i were to copy \nero 6\nero

can i just use that? it seems 2 launch everything & work .. am i wrong ? :P wonder if any1 has tried it

EDIT: cuz if i can get this 2 work.. its only like 20MB :P (which IMO is better then like 200 installed) :P

I also copy the nero folder and audio plugins to the right places (I need these sometimes), but then check ASPI with Nero InfoTool I have error

SYSTEM ASPI: ASPI is installed and working properly (I patch with ForceASPI 1.7)

Nero ASPI: ASPI is not installed!!! (I am sure I have WNASPI32.dll in Nero folder)

Is there any way to fix this, e.g. registry fix? Cause with full install of Nero, and applying ForceASPI 1.7, everything is fine

SYSTEM ASPI: ASPI is installed and working properly

Nero ASPI: ASPI is installed and working properly

Is it so important to get Nero ASPI working?

Cheers

Can this method be used for NVE for example? Also does it stop all those damned associations to Nero Showtime etc....

All I want from Nero is the burning package and recode (with nero digital)

ZileXa's way will address your need for just "burning package and recode (with nero digital)" as for the associations - create a registry file and remove them :)

Almost works.... well I did make a small muckup as the guide didnt say to put the Ahead folder inside the Program Files folder or maybe I missed that bit!! :rolleyes:

Oh and I have to enter serials in 2 locations (one in NeroVision location for Recode) but that is sussed now.

Except Recode... that doesn't work properly!!!

"Nero API is required but could not be found. Please re-install Nero Recode 2 using the NeroVision Express 2 installer"

Hmmmm I got my Recode from NVE3!!!! If you ignore the error then Recode seems to load fine but I hate to see error messages and I wonder if it will work 100% ?

[uPDATE] Recode wont work properly, might be JUST the Nero API missing or some other files.... ****!!!!

Just want Nero Burning and Recode... ALMOST there!!! Any ideas where the API goes as it IS in the Nero directory?