[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

here are my thoughts ok, lets say u downloaded this demo... and u don't have a serial number. It WON'T install.

So nero automatically inputs a serial for you 1A25-4706-7030-1366-1263-4647 (demo serial) so you can TRY it in DEMO mode.

Even if i remove the 1A25-4706-7030-1366-1263-4647 entry in my registry and replace it with a valid serial no. it is still demo. (and i rebooted already)

unfortunately simon's method doesn't work for me

Yep. That is what I'm trying to say. :D

ive got my nero down to 24MB zipped (nero 6.6),basically, dummy the folders "cover designer" & "common files" rest u can delete , nero ONLY requires those files ive found :D

@Astalavista

yes, I'm not alanoll, but thought I could chip-in....

Simon has already said what to do with the deleting of the demo key.

First, you have to get Nero 6.6 from this link.

Then, you need to modify the installer file (its a comment to the RAR SFX):

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.0 Ahead Software AG

This is (I think) the best way to go about it. THAT IS ALL that is needed, and if it is done properly its fine. Works for me, atleast. :whistle:

Now, as for what you DID ask:

Let's assume you already have a different key, or a demo/blocked key or whatever - basically you want to have it removed, before installing v6.6, right?

Okay, I did a bit of exploring, trying to simulate what you would have on your machine.... and landed up looking at this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"=-
"Serial6_2"=-
"Serial6_3"=-

Run this registry code prior to starting nero install - it will ensure that all possible old keys get wiped out, and only your new key gets in. Optionally, if the installer you are currently using IS doing strange things, this should fix it instead:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"Serial6"="your key......"
"Serial6_2"=-
"Serial6_3"=-

Run this code AFTER nero finished installing. This will basically re-affirm what your main key is. If you had modified your Nero 6.6 installer as simon said (with the "/SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN" switches) - that would have established your valid key as the main key, and you only need to delete the additional keys (according to the .REG code above) which are the villain of the piece.

@Alanoll

yep, he did call you actually.... Anything to add to this post? :whistle:

And I also have this interesting find:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]
"HaveReadSNFromFile"=dword:00000000

I found this while exploring. Any ways to manipulate it? Could it possibly be of use here?

prathapml

thank you!!! :) will try it out.

1. did download the file that u pointed to.

2. it also contains the dummy demo serial.

i will try your registry tweak now. but i did that already.

I emailed ahead if my serial has been blocked.

will get a response soon i hope.

--------------------------------------

i am back... i give up! i can't get it to work. it is hopeless.

Edited by Astalavista

Can these two be "integrated"?

Please have a read of what the current 6.6 package includes.

Those packages (actually, an updated version of both NVE and NMP) are already "integrated".

Simon's first post already includes the info on how to install those as well. He says the nero as well as NVE and NMP can all be installed from this package itself, you only need the switches.

@SiMoNsAyS

Haha..... Its very difficult to use your nick while referring to you. How do I say that you said something?

SiMoNsAyS says? :lol:

Can these two be "integrated"?

Please have a read of what the current 6.6 package includes.

Those packages (actually, an updated version of both NVE and NMP) are already "integrated".

Simon's first post already includes the info on how to install those as well. He says the nero as well as NVE and NMP can all be installed from this package itself, you only need the switches.

@SiMoNsAyS

Haha..... Its very difficult to use your nick while referring to you. How do I say that you said something?

SiMoNsAyS says? :lol:

Is the comment for the Nero 6600 the same for nve and nmp I'll just change what needs to be changed right?

How do I change the icon of the shrinked sfx nero installer? I tried reshacker but it wouldn't work.