XPlode 2.00 Information

Wraith

Is the XML creator / embedded documentation a good idea?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is the XML creator / embedded documentation a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Alright, I suppose I'd better tell you all what's really going on with XPlode2.

I've been throwing around some ideas, mainly to do with automatic generation of the XML.

I know I've said in the past that I would not make such a tool, but obviously some people are unable to grasp the whole XML thing, so I figure I may as well.

The main reason for the holdup of XPlode2 has been my wanting to embed the documentation inside each plugin, and getting a usable way for this creator to tell the user what its capabilities are.

Essentially this XML creator will be able to write the XML, and have the documentation for that plugin as you're writing it. It *should* also stop people from having problems with syntax and the unicode issue.

Anyways, I know you've all been hanging out for it, but you're going to have to wait a while longer.

I've added a poll for people to vote whether they think it's a good idea.

Some people don't understand how 1 + 1 = 2.

Who knows.

Expected timeframe: 2 months. University is taking up a lot of time at the moment, so I get only a few hours a week to work on XPlode.

Kinda annoying, but that's life.

*BED*

I have to second Alanoll. It's ridiculously easy and getting to be almost a requirement to do anything these days. Hate to see ya burn alot of development to accomodate what is probably a small subset of the population using Xplode

I have to second Alanoll. It's ridiculously easy and getting to be almost a requirement to do anything these days. Hate to see ya burn alot of development to accomodate what is probably a small subset of the population using Xplode

True, However if you want it to be used by a larger popluation, then simplisity is a huge factor.

And when it comes down to it most avergae users do not know any languages even the most simple ie, html and xml

|Drew|

I see your point of view Alanoll and Mockranger, but have to agree whole heartedly with Drewdatrip :)

Probably not the place for this response, but what the hell ;)

Not everyone is taught to be a the full bottle on all things. Some have to be self taught, and most don't have the time to do everything else in life as well as learn software languages. I guess it's all about priorities and TIME.

I'll use a 'friend' as an example here. Sure when I was single and didn't have kids it would have been a piece of p%#s to learn new things, i had the time and the mental / emotional ability to handle it all then. Now with 3 kids (and their sports, eduction life etc etc), working shiftwork, running a household, dealing with an ex wife etc etc it just seems impossible to be able to fit everything into life. Hell, i don't even have time to finish my Psychology degree :(

As it is i live on 4 - 6 hours of broken sleep EVERY day. No exceptions. (I won't mention the disturbing effects of long term sleep deprivation).

When i was single and childless, i could never have even dreamed (nightmare is more like it) about this type of situation.

We aren't all 19 with nary a care in the world (unfortunately).

I use this example merely to illustrate the differences in people, our lives and our ability to do or not do certain things (not to bag anyone, whinge or even to engender sympathy for this poor souls current life position).

While this example might be a bit down the extreme path for most people, i think you'll find a lot of people are at least some what in this direction. It's not a matter of not WANTING to learn things, it's about having the time and the 'marbles' left to be able to do it.

So unfortunately people in this situation lean on the goodwill and ability of others to help them (like the kind souls in MSFN) and the easier it is for us to follow the more we might be able to contribute in some way.

Personally i'd rather see some open source project being contributed to by a group of people than have the fat cat companies get rich and have all the control.

Having said all this i now await a decent flaming for disturbing the rhythm of the thread :}

Having said all this i now await a decent flaming for disturbing the rhythm of the thread  :}
Nope.

Never seen flaming here since the past year or so that I've been around - its all along been an informed, dis-passionate analysis of things. Discussions haven't ever gone so far as to flame.

@DJ67,

Thanx for your take on this - it is appreciated that you chipped in with your view-point as well. :yes:

Thanks prathapml, appreciate your comment.

Just trying to show that not everything in life is as seen from 'our view', and a broader view sometimes helps to give a greater appreciation and understanding - be it good or bad :)

Maybe it was just a long-winded way of saying that i don't have a clue and could certainly use the help :wacko:

Thanks again :)