BrainTwister > CopyRight > Safe Disc

Simply put, if you don't want somebody to copy the cd, don't let anybody have it.

I think you best use a simple copy protection, since anybody could still copy all the files off of the cd and rebuild the ISO with the cdimage download here at msfn.

I wish i could provide you with some sort of CD Copy protection..but i can't...

but i can see where you would want this.. just think the un encrpyted CD-Key is just sitting there in the winnt.sif file anyone can read that. Plus you wouldn't want someone to copy your CD and distribute it over the net or to more friends as this could raise a red flag at microsoft if they go to the windows update.

so best bet is just don't let any one have it. If you have too run the cd in a clients computer *takes a good hour* i suggest you make sure too keep track of who has the CD on what date and what time. and also try too time it. come back in an hour see where it is. if its done take the cd.. if its at like 5 minutes wait till its done and take the cd.

hehehhe

after u leave them for lunch by the time u come back they have already made a copy, they just stop the installation take it out and burn it.

and put it back it. My tech was caught red handed by our security cameras. hopefully someone can figure out a way to help me.

If you have the recources, using RIS on a domain would probably be much safer. Set the permissions on the network drive with the RIS image to only allow a special ris user to have access, and set deny permissions on that account for logging on to any computer. If you don't have a domain or a server for RIS, I think you might be best off just keeping very close eyes on the disk, lock it up when not in use. Make them get you before they can have it.

First off, I can't belive you fired him over that, at least give him a second chance, he's only human. I can only imagine the mistakes you've made in your life and got off pretty easy. Just a threat of his job should've been enough to scare him. But I don't know the whole situation. (I guess its good I am the Tech who makes the unattended CD's)

Second, you could either take away their burners if they don't use them that often, don't know all of their tasks and what's required of them, a burner is something they may not need. Because your not going to find a 100% copy protection program, if they can make it, they can crack it.

First off, I can't belive you fired him over that, at least give him a second chance, he's only human.  I can only imagine the mistakes you've made in your life and got off pretty easy.  Just a threat of his job should've been enough to scare him.  But I don't know the whole situation. (I guess its good I am the Tech who makes the unattended CD's)

Second, you could either take away their burners if they don't use them that often, don't know all of their tasks and what's required of them, a burner is something they may not need.  Because your not going to find a 100% copy protection program, if they can make it, they can crack it.

great!! :)

Stinger, even if you took away his burner, its simple enough for him to take the CD and make an ISO copy onto HD, and then take the HD when you aren't in the office and burn the ISO to CD. Moreover, you did expend a TREMENDOUS amount of time and effort on your uA CD - too precious to have it freely circulating, and also think about your leaked product key! But yes, no one's too wicked for a 2nd chance. Nothing personal here, just thought I'd put in my 2c. :)

Astalavista, there's ways to distort the file-system CD, such that copying from it (whether as files, or with ASPI-access) gives meaningless results, but still work fine when you USE it. :D But then, you need to have your source files elsewhere - you can't write your CD, then use that CD as the starting point to again make a new version of your uA CD - that's a scary thought if your trusted HD crashed one fine day!

Nero offers a copy-protection, good enough to deter most of the casual copying, try that. The docu that comes with nero gives more details. Hoping this helps...