List of Programs used for Unattended Installation

Heya guys :hello: , it would be nice if you can list the programs, IN THIS THREAD, that help you to do Unattended Installation, like WinInstall and InstallRite. This will help everyone, especially newbies like me, to know most of the programs out there that aid in Unattended installation :thumbup .

If you can, please provide a brief description of what the program specifically does, thanks :D !

This should be made into a sticky to post such programs ;)

Yes, thx for all the replies :D . But I think I should've made my post more narrow. So, I am looking for a program that could automate almost any programs. Notepad may be a good tool, but it won't automate programs that don't have the special attributes such as /Q /S and so on. :( I want a program that could autofill the options shown in any installer. I tried AutoIt, but I dont know how to use it. I thought it was as simple as copying the stuff in the Window Spy, pasting its contents into Notepad, and then converting to .exe But the Window Spy does not capture everything. :angry: Some other programs, such as InstallRite, just take a snapshot of the system configuration, but I want to use this unattended CD mainly on my AMD computer, but also my upstairs Intel computer. :D I am gonna try inno setup, hopefully it works.

So, I am looking for a program that could automate almost any programs.
Only program suitable here, would be autoit3. My cd is fully done with autoit. Not one single command file. Programs all configured. Will work on any machine.

Unless you have some programming skills like vbscript or better? You should perhaps do what most others do. Read and follow the MSFN Unattended Windows CD Guide.

B)

Harunaskoy, I believe you missed the part where I said, "For both an AMD and Intel PC".  Norton Ghost only works on the PC you are working with. :no:

No yourself! :no: You scripted install folks can be quite honestly lame about the power of file system imaging and using SysPrep to drive the PnP subsystem. So long has the HAL does not change, done correctly, one can move the image between CPU's, desktop/laptop, etc... without issue.

It's fine if most here prefer scripting, it has its uses (such as customizing components out of the WinXP CD) but do try to stick to the facts, or if you do not know them FOR SURE then tell your fingers to stop typing.

Sysprep is cool! Have done that before.

I use autoplay media studio also. It is awesome for menus. Lua scripting in it makes it good.

But, as first post at this forum for MachManX, and perhaps. lack of experience in using these other options?

Do not know what you are looking for, MachManX?

I use the standard silent commands, and where they don't exist, I use AUTOIT.

AutoIT allows for you to silulate keystokes and mouse clicks and allows you to set a program up to your EXACT specifications.

Its usually easier to take advantage of silent installs if they exist though.

The other things that really help are ResHacker (allows DLL and EXE to be hacked/customized), and this forum of course.

I would be NOWHERE without this forum!