Installing iTunes without QuickTime impossible?

Hi,

I've been searching this for 2 days now: how can I install iTunes without installing the QuickTime crap? I'm using QuickTimeAlternative anyway!

Google came up with nothing but crap... Trying switches didn't help either. And documentation about it... none at all!

Any ideas?

Greetz,

Bâshrat the Sneaky

• 1 month later...

Well if you have the option of not installing it, when your manually installing the application...then it would be possible through the use of AutoIt.

You DON't have this option... :'(

iTunes depends on QuickTime, so you have to install it. The best you can do is to not let QuickTime play your movie files..

As far as I've heard..

I was hoping there was a hidden option to only install the core of QuickTime or something...

Bâshrat the Sneaky

• 7 months later...

@mc134

I believe this isn't what Bâshrat is looking for, he wants to install Itunes without Quicktime

Bâshrat, maybe this post can come in handy. It has a vbs script to uninstall quicktime.

EDIT:

I know that this isn't what you are really looking for (a switch or something), just a workaround. I believe there is no switch available for this. (been searching it myself to)

Edited by erik_demon

• 7 months later...

Bâshrat the Sneaky

i have your problem exactly. using quicktime alternative myself and i don't want to install quicktime. i found an itunes v6.0.0.18 on google were fans managed to take out the quicktime component. i'm using it and it works fine for me.

however, the newest version of itunes is, as i'm positive you know, v6.0.1 and i could not find that one without quicktime either :(

in case you're interested in v6.0.0.18, you can get it from me, of course.

couldn't you use a free file sharing host like:

www.yousendit.com

you don't even have to sign up to use it.

just provide a fake email address and post the link that it spits out afterwards here.

??

Edited by Fr33m4n

thanks posix. I know their service sometimes are buggy but I don't have an ftp at my disposal. All I need for this to work is quicktime alternative right? or do I need that even? Regardless, this is so sweet. thx again