Registry Tweaks

how do I remove the favourites folder in Internet Explorer? Also how do I disable the screensaver and shutting off the monitor after a certain amount of time being inactive?
Shutting off the monitor - power options (this is already in regtweaks, export the identical key on your machine after setting it to how you want).

Disabling screensaver - this can be done from the *.theme file that you might use for setting the theme of your choice (from [shell] block).

Removing the favourites totally, is a much-discussed topic and needs more than just registry tweaks. So it'd be a good idea to search for the thread that DOES have info about this.

whenever i delete a file, it doesnt go away from the explorer until i refresh (f5 or ryt clik) :huh: 

it is supposed to disappear & go directly into the recycle bin... any ideas?

Both these things you describe are different from one another.

The main problem seems to be about explorer not refreshing the screen regularly enough - this can be fixed from a registry tweak, and is present in the download available from the first post in this topic.

Recycle bin does not at all matter actually..... this problem is not related to it, its just a general bug.

The main problem seems to be about explorer not refreshing the screen regularly enough - this can be fixed from a registry tweak, and is present in the download available from the first post in this topic.

Recycle bin does not at all matter actually.....  this problem is not related to it, its just a general bug.

dude i forgot to tell, this happens only on My documents w/c is drive E: :(

c, d , f , g drives all is fine except that drive,, i have tried to move all files and reformat the drive & take back the files & the problems still there.. also when moving & copying files need a refresh to be visible/disappear... :no:

Edit**

hi, is there a reg tweak to let me arrange my toolbars like this

.. and i also want to remove the word "address" from the address bar :yes:

Ok thanks to swgreed ,slimzky,war59312,Yzöwl and everyone for submitting bugs/errors and additions I have re updated the tweaks again would like some clafication on the following chages that have been put to me

line 768: "Shotcut to" syntax is wrong (square brackets missing) & also double entry, see line 915

...can some explain this to me ?

line 689: also comment out "SecondLevelDataCache" & also double entry, see line 954
but add: "LargePageMinimum"=dword:ffffffff and "SystemPages"=dword:ffffffff here...

again this is not very clear to me....

; Lines 1700-1701 reads
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NvCplDesktopContext]
@="{A70C977A-BF00-412C-90B7-034C51DA2439}"
; Should either read
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NvCplDesktopContext]
@=-
; or read
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NvCplDesktopContext]

I need some clafication of which key is correct

; The following lines can all be removed since you cannot remove a subkey from a key which has already been removed
2258, 2262, 2266, 2270, 2271, 2275, 2391

Again some clafication

Thanks for everyones help ! please report back asap and I will upload the new Regfile for your viewing... Here is the current changelog

Removed "Adds My Network Places to MY Computer" as it wasnt working

Added "Removes "Map Network Drive" & "Manage" from My Computer context menu"

Added "Adds Command Window to right click of MY Computer"

Fix "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion]
"RegDone"="1" to Windows NT

Fix line 194: "& quot;" after "Heuristics"

Fix line 575: "DisableSR": it's the other way round (0=enable, 1=disable)!

Fix "Optimize System Cache Size
;-----(THIS WILL!! cause data corruption if you have ATI vid card and 1 gig of ram)
;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001"

Fix double entry of SecondLevelDataCache lines 689 and 954

Fix Double Alexa entries "line 728 does interfere with line 2102: either enable alexa or not"

Fix line 870-880: double entries

Fix line 2583 & 2605: "Hide Messenger" exists twice

Fix
; Lines 1371-1373 reads
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]
@="Language bar"
"MenuTextPUI"="@%SystemRoot%\System32\msutb.dll,-325"
; Should read
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]
@=-
"MenuTextPUI"=-

Fix  Line 1579 is a blank key

Ok thanks to swgreed ,slimzky,war59312,Yzöwl and everyone for submitting bugs/errors and additions I have re updated the tweaks again would like some clafication on the following chages that have been put to me

; Lines 1700-1701 reads
@="{A70C977A-BF00-412C-90B7-034C51DA2439}"
; Should either read
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NvCplDesktopContext]
@=-
; or read

I need some clafication of which key is correct

; The following lines can all be removed since you cannot remove a subkey from a key which has already been removed
2258, 2262, 2266, 2270, 2271, 2275, 2391

Again some clafication

1.[line 768-769]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

"Link"=hex:00,00,00,00

[line 915-916]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]

"link"=hex:00,00,00,00

Just Delete lines 765-769, they are not required

2.[line 687-689]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001

"SecondLevelDataCache"=dword:00000200

[line 953-954]

;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

;"SecondLevelDataCache"=dword:00000200

The 'SecondLevelDataCache' tweak is only really useful for machines using older processors, and should therefore be commented out.

The 'LargePageMinimum' tweak fixes an allocated memory corruption problem with some AGP programs with an AMD Athlon processor and if added should also be commented out.

The 'SystemPages' tweak maximizes system pages. The system creates the largest number of page table entries possible within physical memory and both monitors and adjusts this value dynamically when the configuration changes. If added, I would also comment out this entry, until you verify its usefulness.

3. I have since checked this on nVidia systems and can now say

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Winamp.Bookmark\command]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\ListBookmark\command]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Winamp.Enqueue\command]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\Enqueue\command]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell\Enqueue\DropTarget]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.Playlist\shell\Enqueue\command]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32]

e.g. when you remove this key

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Winamp.Bookmark]

you will also remove

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Winamp.Bookmark\command]

Well anyone know how to add Add / Remove Programs > Windows setup to the right click context menu of my computer. Already added Add / Remove programs. But would be nice to have windows setup as well.

Thanks,

Will

MSCONFIG from right click My Comp :) Make sure to edit if your windows dir is other than C:\\Windows

; ==== Adds MsConfig to right click My computer
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\MsConfig]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\MsConfig\command]
@="C:\\Windows\\PCHEALTH\\HELPCTR\\Binaries\\msconfig.exe /S"

:hello:

better way for the above tweak is:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\MsConfig\command]
@="msconfig.exe /S"

this saves entering your windows dir at the start :)

At the request of glent, due to time restrictions, I have a new version of his updated tweaks file.

It contains the fixes as reported to him following the release of v1.8.

No entries have been added!

This is a temporary solution until glent can find more time, and as such is updated to v1.8b only.

As a side note,

If the reporter of this could let me know to what they refer, it may be possible to implement on the next update.

line 2583 & 2605: "Hide Messenger" exists twice

Registry_Tweaks.zip

better way for the above tweak is:

@="msconfig.exe /S"

this saves entering your windows dir at the start :)

Hmm..

Tried that, but gives me the error: "Windows cannot find '(null)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly...."

Heres one I don't see. My installation of Windows is the British English version but I need American English Keyboard layout... So it might be of help to others.

; ==== American English Keyboard Layout
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload]
"1"="00000409"
"2"="00000409"

; ==== British English Keyboard Layout
"1"="00000809"
"2"="00000809"

; ==== Irish English Keyboard Layout
"1"="00001809"
"2"="00001809"

; ==== Canadian English Keyboard Layout
"1"="00011009"
"2"="00011009"

Use only one of the above, of course. ;)

That particular tweak is already in the tweaks file, in that it doesn't use /S, just "msconfig.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\msconfig]
@="Microsoft Configurator"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\msconfig\command]
@="msconfig.exe"

Youre right, the above is in the tweaks file but it does not work for me. Same '(null)' error.

The reg file entries haven't all been verified, but all you need is this

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\msconfig\command]
@="msconfig.exe"

although due to you having tried others methods you will need to add this above the line I've just given you in order to remove the incorrect value first

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\msconfig]