Registry Tweaks

sorry,i'm a newby, I applied all the fix in this thread and I'm pretty satisfied, but two things:

how can i restore the arrow in the shortcuts

how to ri-dsplay again the drive letters in the explore windows (right now it only displays "driveone" instead of "driveone (c:)"

thanks in advance!!!!

does anyone tested the winntsif. creator by http://b0r3d.msfnhosting.com/

i get only error by onpen the *.exe

I don't know if b0r3d is still developing that winntsif. creator or not.

If you know what deploy tools are then use

setupmgr.exe

Or just take a look at the hundred's of example's in the Unattended Forum here on MSFN.

Or take a look at my UnattendXP app in my link's below. It's for anyone first time or not. Creates all the files you need. At the Winnt.sif point choose the Use Generic and add option's you want. Don't bore anyone over here with ? on it, reply in my forum.

I applied all the fix in this thread
Well, its not supposed to be used like that actually - please select only the tweaks that you want - from the description.

how to ri-dsplay again the drive letters in the explore windows (right now it only displays "driveone" instead of "driveone (c:)"

Exactly! That proves it - the tweaks contain everything - many of it may not be needed by you.
;-----  Remove Shortcut Arrow
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]
"IsShortCut"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile]
"IsShortCut"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut]
"IsShortCut"=""

;  Display drive letters
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"ShowDriveLettersFirst"=dword:00000004

I believe the above will be what you need - to reverse the link icon, and drive letters.

Hi,

I too am using the reg file that originates this thread and am very pleased with many thoughtful XP tweaks included--great work guys.

There is one important change I wish to make. I want to use WindowsXP's standard new menu rather than the classic menu created by the regtweak file. After merging the file, the standard menu option is not even available in the start menu properties, and I can't find the portion of the reg file that specifies the menu setting.

Any tips or pointers?

Thanks,

Snelephant

your not supposed to merge the whole reg file with your registry.

You should comment out the one you don't want. Or do what I do

and put the one you want in a seperate file.

Follow up to my Start menu inquiry: Though I'm not certain this is the relevant tweak in the posted reg file, I nevertheless I toggled the following dword to both 0 and 1. Neither setting has any effect. The start menu remains in classic mode.

;-----

;----- Classic Menu (change to 00000001 to enable classic look)

;-----

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoSimpleStartMenu"=dword:00000000

Snelephant

try these from the tweak file

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"ClassicViewState"=dword:00000001

Not sure if you have to restart your computer or not

Hi,

I too am using the reg file that originates this thread and am very pleased with many thoughtful XP tweaks included--great work guys.

There is one important change I wish to make. I want to use WindowsXP's standard new menu rather than the classic menu created by the regtweak file. After merging the file, the standard menu option is not even available in the start menu properties, and I can't find the portion of the reg file that specifies the menu setting.

Any tips or pointers?

Thanks,

Snelephant

i mentioned a possible soln a page b4 ur post. care to try it? it seems the 3 persons that had the same problem just disappeared without feedback whether it solved their prob after my post. forgive me if i dun take the time to search thru my whole tweaks for the right resolution....

I applied all the fix in this thread
Well, its not supposed to be used like that actually - please select only the tweaks that you want - from the description.

Exactly! That proves it - the tweaks contain everything - many of it may not be needed by you.
;-----  Remove Shortcut Arrow
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]
"IsShortCut"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile]
"IsShortCut"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut]
"IsShortCut"=""

;  Display drive letters
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"ShowDriveLettersFirst"=dword:00000004

I believe the above will be what you need - to reverse the link icon, and drive letters.

thank you very much indeed !!!

;-----  Disable Automatic Restart in the event of a BSOD
;-----
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"AutoReboot"=dword:00000000

I still see this tweak twice in the latest reg tweaks file, one time in 'Startup / Shutdown', one time in 'Windows General Settings'.

Oddbasket, your start menu fix for the main "Registry Tweaks.zip" file works! It returned my start menu from the "classic" style to the new XP start menu style.

Hi I have a problem with my start menu go into classic mode, im just wondering if someone could have a look my reg tweaks to see what im doing wrong. :(

yea, i got dat too with a tweak from the 1st post. i fixed it but now i can't remember which it was, but i think it was this:

;-----  Turns off the recycle bin delete confirm

;-----

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]"ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,37,88,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

01,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00

try this instead, if it's not this, u can always change back to the above.

;Disable File Delete Confirmation
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,3e,20,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
 01,00,00,00,0d,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00

Furthermore, not only did your tip fix the start menu, it also correctly implemented the disabling of file delete confirmation. The previous setting did not disable delete confirmation. As of the time of this writing, the master tweak file at the start of this thread still contains the possilby erroneous recycle bin tweak. Is this a glaring bug or does it perhaps serve some purpose I am unaware of?

Thanks for the tip Basket,

Snelephant