home network issues

goku21

My sister was attempting to look at some of my music on my computer, but was unable to view the files. This issue started up after I did a clean install of WinXP with SP2 on my machine. At first I was thinking issues with me running SP2 and her running SP1 with all the hotfixes, but I wasn't sure. I checked and rechecked everything and decided to do a clean install on her computer as well, but that hasn't helped either.

The first instance when I was unable to connect to my computer from her's, a dialog box popped up asking for a user name and password. After doing a clean install on her machine, I now get it trying to connect to her computer from mine. I turned on the guest accounts just out of curiousity and the dialog boxes don't come up, but now I get a error message saying that I might now have access rights. The firewall is disabled on both machines.

Is there something I'm not catching here?

If you need more info then just ask. I'm stumped.

well, if you want (i spend to much time with apple stuff), you can get itunes, and just share your library into her itunes. the one draw back, if she cant modify play lists for herself, and your itunes must be on

i gotta spend less time with mac people

well, if you want (i spend to much time with apple stuff), you can get itunes, and just share your library into her itunes.  the one draw back, if she cant modify play lists for herself, and your itunes must be on

i gotta spend less time with mac people

*laughs* I was thinking that actually, but I also use the network to install programs on her computer. Basically everything I need to do on her computer I cna pull off mine. =\

wow a networking problem. how fun.

well let me share what i know.

1. must have different computer names.

2. must be on the same subnet. ex: 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 is same subnet.

3. must be in same workgroup.

just three quick things to check