foobar2000 - Inno Setup Released!

1chaoticadult

First of all thank you for the Inno setup it's just what I am after.

I used:

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "foobar2000 0.83" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\fb2k\foobar2000.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /NORESTART" /f

And when I try to start foobar I get this error:

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_scheduler.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

That particular .dll is in the components folder why it fails to load is beyond me.

Any ideas?

drthawhizkid thank you for your quick reply. I was using your latest version that is foobar2000 [special edition] 0.1N tried installing it attended and unattended many times and I always get that same error. Thought there was something wrong with my PC so I went to http://www.foobar2000.org/ and grabbed their special version installed it and I get no errors.

I'll definitely test your newest version once your finished uploading it.

BTW have you considered making a Normal or even a Lite version, I've been always using the Normal one...don't need all those added features and it would sure help in this instance as well ;)

BTW have you considered making a Normal or even a Lite version, I've been always using the Normal one...don't need all those added features and it would sure help in this instance as well ;)

I quote this! 3,7MB are too much for my miniCD XP version... B)

mrmr

Don't know how but I forgot I could install only the components I want using /SAVEINF /LOADINF . Was so excited this will solve my problem but it seems it completely ignores that command.

These are the files I'm using:

foobar2000 [special edition] 0.1p

RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "foobar2000 0.83 Special" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\fb2k\foobar2000.exe /LOADINF="fb2k.inf" /VERYSILENT" /f

fb2k.inf

[Setup]
Lang=default
Dir=C:\Program Files\foobar2000
Group=Programs\foobar2000
NoIcons=0
Components=enable_user_profiles,core_files,dsp,dsp\gapkiller,dsp\pausetracks,dsp\skipsilence,general,
general\apl,general\freedb,general\httpread,general\id3v2tag,general\setyear,
general\shuffle,general\spclfileinfobox,input,input\ac3_decoder,input\flac,input\matroska
,input\midi,input\monkeysaudio,input\optimfrog,input\shorten,input\speex,input\tta,
input\wavpack,output,output\directsound25

I basically try to install is using Recommended settings but for some reason it doesn't do that...it installs the full version each and every time.

I have no idea what to do next. I really want to install fb2k with Recommended settings only:

I. it will only install the components I need/use

II. I won't be getting that scheduler error

By saying "you can customize the install thats why I made it with inno setup" did you mean install it using /LOADINF or any other method unknown to me?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out here.

weird.. i have two versions of windows on me, pro corp and the retail pro. when i use your installer on the retail xp pro, i get the error that CypherBit and me have found. if i use the XP with the corp key i encounter no errors!

@CypherBit

/LOADINF="fb2k.inf"

You gotta tell where the file is. It should be like so.

/LOADINF="C:\fb2k.inf"

@mrmr

use the normal installer of foobar2000.org. My installer doesn't have the purpose of being small but customized.

Edited by drthawhizkid

/LOADINF="fb2k.inf"

You gotta tell where the file is. It should be like so.

/LOADINF="C:\fb2k.inf"

OK thank you for that but still it doesn't work. Well sorta. If I try to install fb2k using:

%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\fb2k\foobar2000.exe /LOADINF="%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\fb2k\fb2k.inf" /VERYSILENT /SP-

for Recommended settings it doesn't install the entire fb2k but close to it (8,46MB or something like that, should be under 5MB)... and it still complains about the scheduler which isn't even part of the Recommended settings.

But if i use that same command on a core files only version everything installs perfectly (about 2,95MB). So I'm pretty happy with that, just hope it works when I'm doing this for real and not just testing it.

I'm sorry you guys are having problems. I only have one computer to test on so its hard to me to diagnostic problems.

I don't think I'm alone when I say your work definitely is appreciated. Thank you again for this installer.

@mrmr

Yes you can achieve an unattended install with the normal installer. If had time and the resources, I would make different installers (normal, lite, etc.) Sorry that my installer doesn't meet your needs.

foobar2000.exe /S

TASKKILL /F /IM fooassoc.exe

or make an winrar sfx from the foobar2000 directory.