Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

Just figured out that the rc2 also has those search plugins.  But I can't see any yahoo and amazon icons on my browser.  I guess I don't have to do anything about it.  :P
[edit]i've been deep looking through mozilla's ftp, the link posted is really really really nearly final (if not final xD) file was crated 11/08/04 9:41[/edit]

Is that P.M.? If it is, then that must be the final! Unless they will have another last minute release. :D

edit: i think they will place their final release on the "release" category, not in the "nightly". so this might be the ftp site that we have to check.

http://ftp26moz.newaol.com/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

or

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

Thanks for the info. Gonna check their FTP.

Salamat....

Regards,

Maxxx

i've just finished creating the installation.

Features:

• Silent!
  • Removed certain searchplugins: Amazon, eBay and so on...
  • Added certain searchplugins: microsoft, imdb, google (images), filemirrors, babelfish translation (sp/en, en/sp)
  • Added plugins: RealPlayer, RealJukebox, QuickTime, Shockwave Flash, Microsoft Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat, Shockwave for Director, Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, Microsoft® DRM and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
  • Few settings tweaked to improve Firefox Perfomance

waiting to upload the file and alphatesters

i've just finished creating the installation.

Features:

• Silent!
  • Removed certain searchplugins: Amazon, eBay and so on...
  • Added certain searchplugins: microsoft, imdb, google (images), filemirrors, babelfish translation (sp/en, en/sp)
  • Added plugins: RealPlayer, RealJukebox, QuickTime, Shockwave Flash, Microsoft Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat, Shockwave for Director, Java 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, Microsoft® DRM and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
  • Few settings tweaked to improve Firefox Perfomance

waiting to upload the file and alphatesters

SiMoNsAyS,

Man that sounds like a good piece of work... :thumbup

Just a couple of questions:

1) How big is the installer roughly in filesize?

2) Any idea on when you will make it public?

3) Will it be easily accessable via here or a BT link?

Can't wait to throw this on a XP SP2 Unattended CD, hehehe.

Respect for your work dude :)

DJB

SiMoNsAyS perhaps you know about this:

is there also a plugin for Media Player Classic?

if you install Quicktime & Real Alternative... they will work with MPC in Firefox just fine.. but for Windows Media streams... Firefox uses Windows Media Player.... I would like it to use MPC instead..

ontopic:

thought I found the silent switch in the final 1.0 setup: unpack the downloaded .xe (its a 7z archive). Look for the file Config.ini:

[General]

; Run Mode values:

; Normal - Shows all dialogs. Requires user input.

; Auto - Shows some dialogs, but none requiring user input. It will

; automatically install the product using default values.

; Silent - Show no dialogs at all. It will install product using default

; values.

Run Mode=Normal

But if you change it to Auto or silent... and then run the setup.exe file... You'll be asked where to install.. and Next/Previous buttons aren't working... only Cancel :(

Anyway, I'm working right now on something called FUN.EXE (Firefox Unattended).

This program take the program folder and the profile folder, remove drive and user informations and create a package ready to install (program and profile - so you don't need to install Firefox with the default installer).

FUN.EXE! ;) Nice acronym! Hopefully it's also fun for you to write that tool! :) But the same question here again: why not use the already existing tool I mentioned in my posting above? Just wondering because I somehow don't get why you develop a new tool when another one is already there. :unsure:
I did not try it but I think that the final result must be the same for some points.
Why not try first before you re-invent the wheel? :rolleyes: Just saves you some of your spare time.