Do you think WMP 10 should be available for Win2K?

mendipjohn

Windows Media Player 10 Beta is here, but only runs on 32-bit Windows XP! Do you think Microsoft should allow it to be installed on Windows 2000 or continue to write off product upgrade oppertunities for 2000 one by one?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Windows Media Player 10 Beta is here, but only runs on 32-bit Windows XP! Do you think Microsoft should allow it to be installed on Windows 2000 or continue to write off product upgrade oppertunities for 2000 one by one?

• Keep updating it! I love it! 2000 is used widely enough to warrant continued updates for years to come
    • I like 2000, and want updates to continue for the time being
    • I couldnt give a monkeys either way
    • 2000 has seen its day, now movaside (it doesnt deserve any further updates)
    • I conceed that MS want to force users to migrate and I willingly agree to do so by fully supporting the decision to stop updating the OS, in favour of more recent technologies such as XP

it wouldnt be microsoft if i didnt say "I conceed that MS want to force users to migrate and I willingly agree to do so by fully supporting the decision to stop updating the OS, in favour of more recent technologies such as XP" :D eheh

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it - didn't keep it, didn't feel it good enough.

But what's that got to do with a WMP 10 thread? :confused:

Anyways, the final release of WMP 10 is out, and is only for XP. Well, win2k can do with older versions of less-than-resource-hungry applications.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...