logon hours

Wasim

The entries are there in Group Policy under Network Security for enabling or disabling Logon Hours.

There is no way to configure Logon Hours except via a server with advanced User properties.

It will take a 3rd party tool to do what you want.

Maybe using a script and the scheduled tasks you "may" be able to do it that way, have it activate after a certain time, then call up the shutdown/restart/logoff feature. Not sure if there would be any other way of doing it, outside what is already explained.

*edit* Not sure how to do this, but I understand there is a way to "hide" tasks that are running, you could theoretically configure a script that starts when someone logs into windows that sets some sort of timer that counts down, then automatically logs someone off/shuts off the computer/restarts, etc. and hide it as a running task. But again, you'd have to come up with the script that can do this and google the instructions on "hiding running tasks". I don't know for sure if this was ever "fixed" as part of XP SP2 though, but it's supposedly a hole that is in Windows that allows for the hiding of the tasks.

it is perfectly possible using command prompt on an XP desktop.

i forget how to do it, but you can restrict each acount or user group individually.

i found out how to do it on the Windows tips site at microsoft.com a looong time ago. it may be on this forum somewhere, as i did post it.

have a search and see if you can find it, ive tried with no luck. -- if you do find it post back!