UXTHEME.DLL hack for XP SP2 Final

Do you use LZX compression when you use makecab?

EDIT: I checked and you didn't, nevermind. If you're interested, you can knock about 5k off the size of SFC_OS.dll and about 15k off the size of UXTHEME.dll by enabling it.

If you're interested, you can knock about 5k off the size of SFC_OS.dll and about 15k off the size of UXTHEME.dll by enabling LZX compression when you use makecab.
Yes, I'm interested - how would I do that (enabling LZX) ?

@BeenThereB4-

Yes, that is an expected error entry.

@cybertron: I found these edits by using debuggers, process watchers, hex editors etc. They take some time to find but if you know what you're looking for it's easy. I'd suggest searching for some cracking sites (eg. sites on creating No-CD patches are a great start).

No you didn't, you simply compared the original Uxtheme.dll to a patched Uxtheme.dll :)

@RyanVM: Thanks for that. I will update the files when I can get a chance.

Be nice if you added ***edited....UXTHEME.DL_ updated...or something to let people know..that the file in now corrected....at least I suppose it has been.

,Aug 8 2004, 01:58 PM]
@cybertron: I found these edits by using debuggers, process watchers, hex editors etc. They take some time to find but if you know what you're looking for it's easy. I'd suggest searching for some cracking sites (eg. sites on creating No-CD patches are a great start).

No you didn't, you simply compared the original Uxtheme.dll to a patched Uxtheme.dll :)

I don't have any patched uxtheme.dll files from anyone else. I only patched the SP2RC2 SFC_OS.DLL based on your files. The rest is my work.

SP1 is the only file that I used someone elses file to hack. These SP2 hacks are entirely my work... Not a comparison of someone elses file.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little abusive but I don't like my work being put down to me copying someone elses (especially when you have no proof). :rolleyes:

,Aug 8 2004, 01:58 PM]

I don't have any patched uxtheme.dll files from anyone else. I only patched the SP2RC2 SFC_OS.DLL based on your files. The rest is my work.

SP1 is the only file that I used someone elses file to hack. These SP2 hacks are entirely my work... Not a comparison of someone elses file.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little abusive but I don't like my work being put down to me copying someone elses (especially when you have no proof). :rolleyes:

Saw that coming ... I would be a bit peeved myself. A post like that adds nothing but insults ... In any event, RaveRod has been doing these for us for a while now, and I, for one, appreciate it.

Saw that coming ... I would be a bit peeved myself. A post like that adds nothing but insults ... In any event, RaveRod has been doing these for us for a while now, and I, for one, appreciate it.

So did I but I prefer not to humor this sort of thing.

Thanks for the appreciation though. Makes doing this all the more worthwhile and fun. :)