Cannot delete

bubblegum

Hi

\a

I have a file stuck on my desktop.. It was downloaded in opera and got disconnected half way through.. and now it cant be deleted because it's 'being used by another person or program'. I've tried booting in safe mode... I've tried logging on as different users.. and I’ve deleted all the references I can find to it from the registry..

Could someone help?

It's dungeonsiegeyesterhaven.exe [an expansion thing-a-me for dungeon siege] if that makes any difference.

Thanx

Hi bubblegum,

I have had the same exact thing happen except it was with a file that i downloaded from ARES. I used Super Shredder. Well you tell super shredder which file it is you want to delete and it starts to delete it, then it like freezes at a certian point in the deletion process that it has, then you just cancel and delete it the way you would any other file that isn't acting that way.

Well that worked for me! Hope it will for you

Hi

Super shredder didn't work and I’ve tried moving it and I've also logged in as administrator and none of them worked...

What would be a good program that shows me what’s opened what, what’s using what.. and such.

thanx

I really can’t be bothered to reformat/install xp unless I really have to.. It’s just annoying that it’s sat there on my desktop and its 51,700kb ... and it won't go away..

Another possible fix would be to take ownership of the file. I have to do this when compiling XP images using XPCREATE. After the OSI is built, the TEMP folder cannot be emptied, even when running XPCREATE again. Assigning ownership to the Administrator account works.

Hi,

I have had this may times,

each time i open dos and use the del command and the path to the file to delete it!

Just as Hansen suggested at the beginning of this discussion.

If your not sure of the path to type in when deleting in dos, just go into windows

and open the properties for the file you wish to delete....there you shall see the

path to enlightenment.

CB