19' LCD Monitor (what is the best)

Astalavista

• 11 months later...

Almost after a year I would like to revive the thread started by Astalavista!

I too want to buy a LCD monitor 19", moderately to be used for games, more for video editing and mostly for text based applications, browsing et al.

So can I get the preferences from you all. What about Dell or Samsung. These I prefer, but suggestions are really required to invest wisely.

Thanks in advance!

If you can afford it, get a larger LCD. If you are like me, you want resolution. Both 17" and 19" have a native resolution of 1280x1024. So you are not getting any benefits from buying a 19" over a 17".

All you will be getting is larger fonts.

Just bought a Hyundai Imagequest L90D+ 19" of lovelyness m8 and its way better than a 17" cos regaurdless of what they tell you size does matter.
8ms refresh rate
1280x1024 native resolution(yes tha same as 17" but then as everything is bigger you dont have to sit so close and squint to see the text etc)
60-70 & 75Mhz refresh rates
Great for gaming I have not noticed any ghosting or smearing even in fast online gaming Battlefield 2 etc
160 degree viewing angle
I have my computer in the conservatory and using a CTR it was unusable when the sun was out due to glare no such problems now.
i also do video editing, use photoshop etc without any problems.
Cost £287 in uk well worth the money.
Also NO dead pixels :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i am using a Philips Brilliance 190P Screen for work. It has a very good contrast (700:1) and light intensity (300 Lumen) - and for me very important, only a 1280x1024 Resolution :D

Unfortunately they are not as good for playing as some other models (because of 16 ms refresh time)

Egon

the Hyundai Imagequest L90D+ was the best out there but then i saw this one
[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116355"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824116355[/url]

I would look at a 12ms model. Those using the 8ms screens cause serious downgrade on viewing angles although they are still apparently 160 degress.

Viewsonic VP191 is considered as one of the best 19" LCD's on the market at the moment.