A list of all "bad" programs (re: spyware) ?

Professor Frink

I'd like to compile a list of ALL the programs out there that are known to contain spyware or some similar garbage. This is mainly for my office (so I can have a "banned" list), but I'm sure others would benefit as well. Here's what I know of so far:

• Weatherbug
  • My Web Search
  • Hotbar
  • Webshots

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

:)

WhenUSearch

SaveNow

NETSTATT.exe

I don't know about the others, but isn't "savenow" an actual spyware program, the kind that is secretly bundled with something else? I'm actually looking for the programs that people install normally, but have spyware bundled with them.

WhenUSearch

SaveNow

NETSTATT.exe

I don't know about the others, but isn't "savenow" an actual spyware program, the kind that is secretly bundled with something else? I'm actually looking for the programs that people install normally, but have spyware bundled with them.

Oh sorry, my mistake. Also, you should take XtremeMac's advice.

I think we can all say Kazaa is a bad program. AOL Instant Messenger (new version) has WildTangent in it. This is a game program, so it should also be listed as people will download it seperately. There are also a number of programs claiming to remove spyware, too many to list. I would do a list of legitimate programs, and that all other should be asked about. At work, only Spybot and AdAware are trusted for the removal of spyware.

To make a full list so far, I would say:

Kazaa

AOL Instant Messenger

WildTangent

Weatherbug

Hotbar (In reality, any browser enhancements) I suppose Google is OK...

Webshots is not spyware from what I have heard. Yes, it does contact the company, only to update the shots...I like to call it lameware. Being on a network, this will cause lag, as there are multiple systems trying to update.

P2P or file sharing programs shouldn't be allowed. (Kazaa, Limewire, Morpheous, EDonkey, Napster, etc)

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...