Help needed

valter

So the line should look like this?

<item display='Microsoft Windows Media Player 9' image="%SOURCEPATH%\PostInstall\images\">
 <execute display='Installing Microsoft Windows Media Player 9...' program='%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\WMP9\mpsetupXP.exe' arguments='/Q:A /R:N /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"' />
</item>

Sorry if I'm asking 2 much, just want to be sure what I do :)

Well I have now I believe a last question. In the option to add user

<adduser username="admin" password="password" groups="Administrators" fullname="Admin" />

is there any way of setting password not to expire? Thanks :)

but be careful with T-9min. At this point the HKCU-hive isn't loaded anymore, so reg-settings for HKCU won't be applied. T-13 or T-12 is ok.

Have you found a way to load the hive?? I'd like to install things @ t-9 since its controled by winnt.sif. That way I could have multiple .sif files for multiple computers/configurations.

For exemple, I included on my CD the unattended feature, but also wanted the normal method (almost normal...). So I have 3 winnt.sif for one computer: one fully unattended, one with default values, and one complete attended.

I tought of calling different .xml from the different .sif so xplode execute @ t-9, but I can't install things there or import settings.

Actualy, my .js script detects, @ t-12 and RunOnceEx, the computer name, and run the appropriate config. But the computer name is the same for unattended and attended installation, so right now what I've done is useless...

Anyone having an idea?

thanx

@big_gie,

i think i have a solution for your problem - you need to convert your UXPCD to a MultiBoot-CD. On this you can have multiple configurations for your XPCD. When you use CDImage with the optimize-option you can put as many XP's on it as you like.

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

Nopes!

It needn't total up to 5 GB.

All it needs is 10 boot folders (3 MB each), all of which after optimization would end up occupying just another 4 MB of space in addition to a single 350 MB (or nearly that much) I386 directory.

Well I have now I believe a last question. In the option to add user
<adduser username="admin" password="password" groups="Administrators" fullname="Admin" />

is there any way of setting password not to expire? Thanks :)

This is how you can do it.

Run this command from a batch-file/INF/runonceEx/Xplode or anything:

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

Nopes!

It needn't total up to 5 GB.

All it needs is 10 boot folders (3 MB each), all of which after optimization would end up occupying just another 4 MB of space in addition to a single 350 MB (or nearly that much) I386 directory.

Where can I found info on this?

thanx