Adobe Reader Update 6.0.2

I just noticed that there is a 4.2 MB update for Adobe Reader, making it version 6.0.2 :

Adober Reader 6.0.2

I tried installing it with /s and /qb switches, but they didn't work. Is there a way to apply this update silently?

Edit: I did a /a extraction, and the resulting folder included a file called Adobe Acrobat - Reader 6.0.2 Update.msi

Again, I couldn't get it to work with any switches, but there has to be a way...

You do not need to extract the MSI - just run Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe /s /v/qb

Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe is an InstallShield with an MSI, /v passes parameters to the MSI

Does this work on install shield installers too? With the /a swiitch instead of /v?

like program.exe /a -s or whatever.

i have the same problem, and the /s /v/qn doesn(t work on the original *.exe file.

i have extracted the exe update, and i will test with it.

EDIT: start /wait msiexec /i "file location\Adobe Acrobat - Reader 6.0.2 Update.msi" /qb doesn't work for me. it begins, but many "network error" appear on the installation.

@r0sWell:

You say it starts, and then gives you errors? So I'm assuming that you're using the correct file path?

yes, i've got many error boxes which refer to "network errors" :)

but the command line do the install (the begin of the install on my PC) silent.

so it seems to work, maybe.

i tested this command on my PC, but i'll test my unattended XP CD with VMware soon to see if it changes something.

(i usually test the parts on my Windows, and for big changes i do the full install with VMware).

i will report my results after this.

Hello my friends !

The silent mode install for the Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe for works me with the following command:

Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe -p /S /v/qn

note capital "S"

@pinout

Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe /s /v/qb

dont work!