Reducing size of creative drivers

TomoDaK

I'm currently working on my 1st unattened installl disk ^^. I've got most of it finished, but the folders for the creative drivers are quite large (over 500mb - i copied the folders some1 said were required) I'm working on deleting the things like extra control panels that I don't need, but are there any large useless file I can get out of the folders so I can get this onto my cd.

I'll makea guide on how to get these down to a reasonable size tomorrow hopefully. As for now I got lazy got it down to 150mb and just burned it onto the cd (had to overburn it but who cares). I removed all the language files, registration ,warranty, liscense, some of the control panels which I don't use among other things. I'll psot about it more tmrw

hi,

what for a creative product do you have?

i have a soundblaster live! 5.1 , and my drivers need only 4mb, and everything works perfect when i use them on my pc. so i think on your creative cd is a lot of unnecessary crap, go to creative.com and download the newest drivers for your product, extract the archiv or setup with winrar and look for a Win2K_XP(or similar) foder, there is everything what you need for a clean driver installation without any programms, tools and unnecessary crap.

Greetings,

Erlkönig

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem, about ~500mb of drivers (fullcd it's ~600mb) i think it can be reduced a lot because if u only use drivers it won't be necessary to add the sound controls, extensions, equalizers etc... someone in the forum it's working in it, wish he finish it as soon as he can :)

why don't you download from official creative site?My sound card is Creative Sound Blaster sb0100 and it's only 23MB in size.It's self-extracting driver and you can easily integrate that to unattended cd

no it's not.It's full exe file which has all the drivers and AudioHQ files.Probably you're looking for media center etc..

This is exactly what you're looking for 23Mb of exe file from its official web site.I'm not using it to upgrade.I use it for fresh driver installation

i think you're talking about sb live! drivers or non-audigy drivers. the audigy2 drivers can not be installed alone from an update, the installation program do not continue and secondly there are 2 updates in the creative site SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe & SBA2_WEBUP_PCWDRV_1-84-40.exe. if you're runing a sb live! / audigy 1 you have to patch the drivers from audigy2 zs to use them. sorry if i wasn't very clear. try searching for the audigy 2 ZS hacked drivers guide "Guide: How to install Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS drivers on Live!/Audigy/Audigy 2" (i can't remember the forum that i found it sorry) and try with'em

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45004 is the site i believe SiMoNsyS was refering too

that was thanks MCT :) in the guide it is said that they can be used with any soundblaster live! and up. currently i have and an audigy 2 player and they work great! note that if you don't have the hardware you wouldn't notice the change but now i have lot of software features like the equalizer, thx console, etc that i didn't have before (they also said that a better quality and less cpu use are posible with this drivers)

(they also said that a better quality and less cpu use are posible with this drivers)

i think ill wait til i get cable/dsl 500+MB is too much for this connection lol (56k)