How many extensions do you have installed in your favorite Chromium-based browser?

How many extensions do you have installed in your favorite Chromium-based browser?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How many extensions do you have installed in your favorite Chromium-based browser?

• 1 - 4
    • 5 -10
    • 10+

Posted (edited)

If possible specify the browser and extensions installed.

Enjoy.

P.S.

• uBlock Origin

• SwiftDial

• Video DownloadHelper

• Stream Recorder (MV3)

Microsoft Edge on W.10.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

AdBlock -- best ad blocker  :::  version 5.22.0
One list and one list ONLY  --  Anti-Circumvention filters  --  UPDATED DAILY, not the abandoned uBO anti-circumvention filter list
Been the ONLY way to prevent YouTube ads at work (the only place I use YouTube to begin with )

Auto Maximize Tab  :::  version 1.1.0

To maintain a drag-and-drop feature of 360Chrome when a tab is dragged to a different monitor (all of my computers have from 3 to 5 monitors)

Autofill  :::  version 11.5.1
I don't like memorizing passwords or usernames or even phone numbers or addresses and built-in browser feature doesn't always work, this ALWAYS works

CRX Extractor/Downloader  :::  version 1.5.7
I use UNGOOGLED and DO NOT WANT the "Chrome Web Store" to work in any way, shape, or form on my computer
I also NEVER use extensions "as-is", I modify them to run the way I want them to run

Enhancer for YouTube  :::  version 2.0.123
Works great for my needs but you will need a MODERN browser to use this

Extension List  :::  version 1.0.2.0
To turn extensions off and on with a toggle switch with two mouse-clicks instead of jumping through way too many browser hoops and menus

H5EQ  :::  version 0.0.2
10-band equalizer so that audio doesn't sound like it's coming from a speaker manufactured by a 5yr old in a 3rd world country

Speed Dial  :::  version 3.0.0.1
I have zero use for a "bookmark bar" or even a "bookmark menu", all my favorites are accessed via icon-based grid
I also intentionally limit my number of bookmarks, most of my websites aren't accessed via a "bookmark" but by Proxomitron "URL aliases"

Stylus  :::  version 1.5.15
We all know Stylus
6 userscript "primaries" here at work, my "primary" styles all have anywhere from 2 to 21 actual URLs that they effect
Four times that or so at home

Tampermonkey  :::  version 4.13
We all know Tampermonkey
18 userscripts here at work, twice that or so at home

uBlock Origin  :::  version 1.26.2
We all know uBO
Only five lists, Proxomitron is my primary filter workhorse

Ungoogled Chromium v114
Win10 Enterprise 22H2 here at work
Win10 LTSB 2016 at home

Posted (edited)

Not sure I have a favorite Chromium-based browser, I most often lean towards Edge on Windows and Vivaldi on Linux.

On 5/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

H5EQ  :::  version 0.0.2
10-band equalizer so that audio doesn't sound like it's coming from a speaker manufactured by a 5yr old in a 3rd world country

Interesting, didn't know that can be done browser-side. Not an extension I'd use specifically since I do use what is called "Perfect EQ" preset system-wide.

https://www.ziyadnazem.com/post/956431457/the-perfect-eq-settings-unmasking-the-eq

Exact values from:

https://github.com/JackHack96/EasyEffects-Presets/blob/master/Perfect EQ.json

Edited by UCyborg
Added links

5 hours ago, UCyborg said:

since I do use what is called "Perfect EQ" preset system-wide

I alwayse use "portable" browsers and the ONE profile has to work on DOZENS of computers.

H5EQ isn't the "best" browser-based EQ.

But it is one of very few I could find that would work on Core 2 and i7, that would work on XP and 10, that would work in 360Chrome and Ungoogled, ...

Posted (edited)

Today an extension I use was transitioned to MV3.
Read the notice:

uv3qKPf.jpeg

It is therefore highly likely that some MSFN members using Operating Systems prior to W.7- 8.1 + Chromium-based browsers from June 2024 will not have full functionality with some extensions they use.

I would like to advise these MSFN members who are using a Chromium- based browser from version 110 and above (before that the policy will not work) to put this policy in their registry:

ExtensionManifestV2Availability

Those who need help can ask in this thread:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186196-do-you-use-policies-in-your-browsers/

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira