Jump to content

Seeking Bluetooth 3.0 (UD-300M) USB Drivers for Windows 98SE/ME


FantasyAcquiesce

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I recently purchased a UD-300M, BCM2070 Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR USB dongle for my Windows ME laptop but discovered the bundled CD does not include Windows 9x drivers. I am wondering if an older version of this driver exists to provide Windows 9x support.

 

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Providing the device hardware/vendor ID can help locate the driver.

I have noticed Win98 listed as a supported operating system (back of packaging). Did your packaging provide a URL?

I'm guessing windows found no driver for it. A newer drawing tablet, I bought a couple of years ago, found support. It installed about eight things; but it did work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

BlueSoleil 2.6.0.1 (2007 year) work on 9x with bt 5.0 dongle. i has tested discovery, pairing, PAN, OBEX, even try run soung profiles with my tws headsets, and i have connect, but w/o real sound, because blueletaudio.sys cant create virtual sound card on 9x, or possibly req Bluetooth class bus, which is not created by 9x version btcusb.sys, or by some other reasone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The device might work with WIDCOMM drivers, someone with time and resources might be able to figure out what happened after widcomm DriverVer=12/07/2006,5.1.0.2800 up to DriverVer=12/05/2007,5.1.0.4800 which disabled 98 device detection (by the Widcomm software) , I believe the change is during the install process. Pure speculation but I believe the reason up to ver 5.1.0.4800 doesn't work is superficial.

Edited by farfigs11
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 7:39 AM, MERCURY127 said:

BlueSoleil 2.6.0.1 (2007 year) work on 9x with bt 5.0 dongle. i has tested discovery, pairing, PAN, OBEX, even try run soung profiles with my tws headsets, and i have connect, but w/o real sound, because blueletaudio.sys cant create virtual sound card on 9x, or possibly req Bluetooth class bus, which is not created by 9x version btcusb.sys, or by some other reasone...

Can you share a screenshot? I am astonished if this is true!! I can't even find Windows XP or 7 drivers for generic bluetooth 5.0 dongles on ebay.

 

On 1/4/2024 at 5:30 PM, farfigs11 said:

The device might work with WIDCOMM drivers, someone with time and resources might be able to figure out what happened after widcomm DriverVer=12/07/2006,5.1.0.2800 up to DriverVer=12/05/2007,5.1.0.4800 which disabled 98 device detection (by the Widcomm software) , I believe the change is during the install process. Pure speculation but I believe the reason up to ver 5.1.0.4800 doesn't work is superficial.

Shall I provide a copy of my drivers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2023 at 7:39 AM, MERCURY127 said:

BlueSoleil 2.6.0.1 (2007 year) work on 9x with bt 5.0 dongle. i has tested discovery, pairing, PAN, OBEX, even try run soung profiles with my tws headsets, and i have connect, but w/o real sound, because blueletaudio.sys cant create virtual sound card on 9x, or possibly req Bluetooth class bus, which is not created by 9x version btcusb.sys, or by some other reasone...

I tried this driver but the installer says Windows version is not supported...I need an interface for bluetooth to even function?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

I tried this driver but the installer says Windows version is not supported...I need an interface for bluetooth to even function?

You're right, I just found the screenshots I saved back then and they show version 2.1.3.0, release 060429. I apologize if I misled you, I was testing a lot of versions at the time and they all got mixed up in my head. Nevertheless, it was working for me at that particular time. I will try to repeat the experiments in the next few days and also try to run the BlueSoleil audio driver by writing inf similar to WIDCOMM, which seems to work in 98 without any problems (audio devices are installed and even some TV appears) but either doesn't see my dongle or requires a license and I don't know how to fix it.

 

2023-01-25_132734.png

2023-01-25_134146.png

2023-01-25_134009.png

2023-01-25_133405.png

202301300012.png

20230131004.png

2023-01-30_181559.png

2023-01-25_184900.png

2023-01-26_200726.png

2023-01-26_200829.png

2023-01-30_182318.png

2023-01-30_182532.png

2023-01-30_183115.png

2023-01-25_134101.png

2023-01-30_193545.png

Edited by MERCURY127
spoiler added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...