Any free antivirus for Win7 in 2023?

VVallter Breneka

The annoying part of Malwarebytes is the first month after install where it bugs you constantly about sending them money. I don't like active solutions because of the overhead, the fact that it tries to be active by default is annoying also.

Agreed.

I've had to "defuse" that sort of thing on some software (and even browser extensions), though exact "how to" details are above the scope of MSFN.

Hint:  30 days expressed in seconds is 2.592e+6.  Very commonly programmed-in as a "time bomb".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

On 7/28/2023 at 4:33 PM, Tripredacus said:

You posted in English already on the forum, and you need to at least provide a translation. This is an English only forum as you can see in the rules.

I made a mistake during the translation of my post, sorry :wacko:

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

The annoying part of Malwarebytes is the first month after install where it bugs you constantly about sending them money. I don't like active solutions because of the overhead, the fact that it tries to be active by default is annoying also.

block certain adress-es in hosts file :P

• 2 months later...

I have used the free Comodo version for years on both XP and 7. I don't believe anything out of the US government related to Kaspersky. Comodo can lock a system down if required.

The point is, no antivirus is any good if you are going to go online and surf the Dark Web, or even sites offering freebies. Also, one has to be wary of opening links in emails. I do my surfing on a laptop that is never used to do banking or any other transactions. Keep a good backup image from an app like Macrium (free).

ps. be aware that anything that is offered free is not done for your benefit. All these apps, and Windows 10, are busy spying on you. I caught Microsoft Edge spying on me while I was doing online banking.