Request: Root Certificate Updates For XP?

legacyfan

I have a project ive been working on that ive been collecting updates for and the next updates I need are the root certificate updates for windows xp if anyone knows where I can find these it would be much appreciated

38 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

I have a project ive been working on that ive been collecting updates for and the next updates I need are the root certificate updates for windows xp if anyone knows where I can find these it would be much appreciated

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

5 minutes ago, George King said:

@legacyfan Why you don’t use search button first before creating new thread?

can this be integrated using nlite? (I'm looking for root certificate updates for a project I'm working on

Edited by legacyfan

2 hours ago, legacyfan said:

can this be integrated using nlite? (I'm looking for root certificate updates for a project I'm working on

Surely there's no point in integrating the actual root certificate updates in your project as they are still being regularly updated.
Any you include will become outdated quite quickly.
It would be much better to include just the actual updating mechanism, so the latest versions can always be retrieved.
:dubbio:

2 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Surely there's no point in integrating the actual root certificate updates in your project as they are still being regularly updated.
Any you include will become outdated quite quickly.
It would be much better to include just the actual updating mechanism, so the latest versions can always be retrieved.
:dubbio:

I guess I'll keep the certificates that are on it (for better compatibility)

If you mean the current certificates, there's probably no harm in doing that, but you need to make it clear that they will need to be updated at some point, using one of the several mechanisms outlined here.
I've always used heinoganda's updater, and it has never failed me, but I know some people have had trouble with it.
:)

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

If you mean the current certificates, there's probably no harm in doing that, but you need to make it clear that they will need to be updated at some point, using one of the several mechanisms outlined here.
I've always used heinoganda's updater, and it has never failed me, but I know some people have had trouble with it.
:)

thats what I was considering using I just did not know if it work or not

20 hours ago, legacyfan said:

Well, you are trying to build project that probably exist. Of course, learning experience is fine. 

Yes, you can create updated installer using mentioned topic. Then you can create simple nLite SVCPACK addon