Windows XP Compatibility With Steam And Other Modern Programs?

legacyfan

ive been working on trying to figure out how to get steam and newer programs to run under windows xp and can't find anyway right now to do it (except for the now illegal extended kernal type thing for xp) and was wondering what the best legal way to get these programs to work would be if anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated

Edited by legacyfan

I almost forgot: If you think you might still want to use Steam nine months from now, they have some more recent advice for you:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4784-4F2B-1321-800A

31 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

(and just use the last version of steam that works on xp)

I don’t think there is a version that works on XP anymore. :(

This is why I don't support steam at all. Let's say you have a game you like that only runs on XP, or 7   ? Then you can't play it because you can't run steam. DRM all it does is an annoyance for the people that do buy games.

Edited by tekkaman

Hello. Steam still works just fine for me on Windows XP. i remember downloading a modded archive of steam here from the MSFN win XP forum a few years ago. (or the youtube link it linked to after following all the directions)

This is not the same youtube video i used, but it's extremely similiar though and should work though. It's by one of the members of this very forum here.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BfwEHK-Yg2Q

here's a screenshot i took just a momment ago while typing this reply. I can view the latest news, game releases, info, friends list works, all is working just fine.

steam-current.png

Edited by kuja killer

In that same video if you see the recent comments, many people report that either they can't connect or that they have to download games from another computer. I hate steam with a passion.