Steam on Windows 8.1

Teeotsa

Hmm interesting but I already saw that coming, since Steam relies on an Embedded Chromium framework (Steam Browser In-Game). Their current one is based on Chromium 85. 

Same goes for Spotify by the way. We should have an easier procedure on Windows 8.1, than on Windows 7, but I haven‘t found a way yet. I tried making Spotify 1.2.7 (Chromium 110) run on Windows 8.1, but there are two functions added in net32api (Azure Active Directory Join Information Functions) : NetFreeAadJoinInformation and NetGetAadJoinInformation. I don‘t know with what function we could replace those

1 hour ago, yoltboy01 said:

Hmm interesting but I already saw that coming, since Steam relies on an Embedded Chromium framework (Steam Browser In-Game). Their current one is based on Chromium 85. 

Same goes for Spotify by the way. We should have an easier procedure on Windows 8.1, than on Windows 7, but I haven‘t found a way yet. I tried making Spotify 1.2.7 (Chromium 110) run on Windows 8.1, but there are two functions added in net32api (Azure Active Directory Join Information Functions) : NetFreeAadJoinInformation and NetGetAadJoinInformation. I don‘t know with what function we could replace those

netapi32 from Windows 10 is likely to be able to run on Windows 8.1, as there are no missing dependencies besides the two missing files.

I can check it, but please send me this zipped version of Spotify to bypass the Win10+ installer.

Edited by mjd79

I already tried that out. Copying netapi32 from Windows 10 22H2 to 8.1, will prevent Windows 8.1 from loading the User profiles. You can‘t sign in.

By the way, you just have to copy your Spotify folder from Windows 10 to 8.1

21 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

I already tried that out. Copying netapi32 from Windows 10 22H2 to 8.1, will prevent Windows 8.1 from loading the User profiles. You can‘t sign in.

By the way, you just have to copy your Spotify folder from Windows 10 to 8.1

Don't do it this way, it has to end like this....
Name that netapi32 as netapi33, copy it to system32 and rename the import in CFF Explorer.

I know I can copy from Windows 10, but it will be a while before I install it on VM and download Spotify.

52 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

Don't do it this way, it has to end like this....
Name that netapi32 as netapi33, copy it to system32 and rename the import in CFF Explorer.

I know I can copy from Windows 10, but it will be a while before I install it on VM and download Spotify.

Ah alright, I havent thought about that. If you try that out, I would love to hear if it works

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

(and minecraft will probably be next)

Doubt it , official launcher might drop support for 7/8 ( not sure when tho ). 3rd party launchers should work fine :)

@yoltboy01 I made it! Even on Windows 7, although I had to swap a fair amount of functions. On Windows 8.1, in the libcef.dll file, replace the missing imports from NETAPI32 with NetGetJoinInformation. And add --no-sandbox of course :)

8419357100_1680020262.png

Edited by mjd79

1 hour ago, mjd79 said:

@yoltboy01 I made it! Even on Windows 7, although I had to swap a fair amount of functions. On Windows 8.1, in the libcef.dll file, replace the missing imports from NETAPI32 with NetGetJoinInformation. And add --no-sandbox of course :)

8419357100_1680020262.png

Wow - great work! Very nice to see actually

I totally forgot that you have to put --no-sandbox on Spotify as well. Good to know tho