Windows XP x64 How To Install It From USB FlashDrive? (With Specs)

Ive been working on installing windows xp x64 on my desktop but any flashdrive tool ive used so far seems to not detect the harddrive during setup or just blue screens before it gets there it been getting really annoying and would be much appreciated if someone could help.me find a workaround or fix for this issue-legacyfan

Edited by legacyfan
Merged New Thread With The Old One To Avoid Confusion

Which game is this?

The one where other users suggest something and you reply saying "Yeah, I tried that but it doesn't work." and that goes on for several posts until it ends nowhere

or

the one where you post the EXACT description of your hardware, the EXACT description of what tool/method/whatever you tried using to install XP from USB AND the EXACT description of the error(s)/issue(s) you had and for which you may receive (hopefully) some advice

or

something else?

jaclaz

my specs: HP 8300 Elite :CPU: Intel Core i5-3750 RAM‎: 8 GB DDR3 Hard Drive‎: 500 GB Hard Drive 2:HGST 1TB HDD Graphics: ‎Intel HD Graphics 2500 Chipset: Intel OS:Windows 10 

Edited by legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to best way to install xp x64 from usb? (with specs)
  • legacyfan changed the title to XP x64 Only Detecting Flashdrive During Setup? (With Specs)

A blue screen is blue, usually it comes with some white text on it, including a STOP code, see example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_screen_of_death#/media/File:Windows_XP_BSOD.png

Besides, WinSetupFromUSB behaviour might depend on the settings you chose.

The fact that you tried other tools obtaining similar failures leads me to think that there may be issues with the source, like some driver (missing or "wrong").

jaclaz

16 minutes ago, Dietmar said:

@legacyfan

Install XP bit64 via real CD in an CD-Rom Sata drive,

this works

Dietmar

I forgot to list in my previous post the game where people post truisms, my bad, though it may well  belong to the "something else" category.

Next one will likely be about RIS installation ...

jaclaz

1 hour ago, legacyfan said:

I need disks to be able to Install it that's why I'm waiting

I believe that Best Buy still carries optical disks, or Staples, or perhaps even Walmart. You remind me of an old man at another forum who always blogs about himself no matter what the topic of a thread might be. Of course this is your thread so please feel free to tell us that you are moving to Eclipse, installing Linux, or whatever your latest whim might be, but this game is indeed getting old.

28 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

I believe that Best Buy still carries optical disks, or Staples, or perhaps even Walmart. You remind me of an old man at another forum who always blogs about himself no matter what the topic of a thread might be. Of course this is your thread so please feel free to tell us that you are moving to Eclipse, installing Linux, or whatever your latest whim might be, but this game is indeed getting old.

I realize that now and have been considering getting this locked as its not much help anymore

Edited by legacyfan

15 hours ago, legacyfan said:

I need disks to be able to Install it that's why I'm waiting

BUT, once you will have the discs you will be playing another game (suggested by Dietmar), not this one.

jaclaz

On 3/1/2023 at 6:18 PM, Dietmar said:

@legacyfan

Install XP bit64 via real CD in an CD-Rom Sata drive,

this works

Dietmar

Dietmar, perhaps you wanted to say IDE drive, not SATA.

XP doesn't have SATA drivers by default.

CoCo.

Editing: they need to be integrated.

Edited by Cocodile