Windows Vista showing light blue screen with cursor after logging in

FelixPls1

I recently triple booted my windows xp laptop with vista and 10, and now whenever I boot into Vista, it loads, but after I log in, it shows a blue screen (like the default wallpaper in windows 2000) with a cursor, i can do ctrl + alt +del, but nothing else works. A popup always appears saying ".net runtime optimization service has stopped working"

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

39 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

very incomplete description of the problem. What's your Vista build number ? Hardware specs ? is it Haswell ?

Net version, most importantly ?

oh sorry. The laptop is a Dell XPS m1710 with an Intel Core Duo and NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX, Vista version is Ultimate sp2 build 6002

I'm not really sure what the .net version is, but the error log says "4.8.4320.0"

Edited by FelixPls1

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Latest .NET that can be installed on Vista is 4.6.2 if the SHA-2 update KB4474419 is installed.

He has BSOD ! So what are you trying to say ? He needs to run and install SHA2 updates while in BSOD ?
It looks like you didn't read the topic's question. You always use such methods when trying to diagnose the cause of BSOD ?

In that case, please go on, help the fella.

4 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Latest .NET that can be installed on Vista is 4.6.2 if the SHA-2 update KB4474419 is installed.

True, but if he’s running build 6002, then the KB you mention is not installed. (Actually .NET 4.8 can be installed with some difficulty, but it does not work!)

4 minutes ago, Vistapocalypse said:

if he’s running build 6002, then the KB you mention is not installed.

Well, he did mention that he's running build 6002.

1 hour ago, FelixPls1 said:

Vista version is Ultimate sp2 build 6002

3 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

True, but if he’s running build 6002, then the KB you mention is not installed. (Actually .NET 4.8 can be installed with some difficulty, but it does not work!)

You forgot to tell about the weather , Kapsersky or the "proper" usage of the word dude in your local area. Not enough topics about updates for you ?

What does it all have to do with the blue screen he asked about ?!??! 

22 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

He has BSOD ! So what are you trying to say ? He needs to run and install SHA2 updates while in BSOD ?
It looks like you didn't read the topic's question. You always use such methods when trying to diagnose the cause of BSOD ?

Psst, he doesn't have BSOD. He says he's having a blue screen with Windows cursor after logging in. If it was BSOD, he wouldn't be able to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete in the 1st place, and there wouldn't be a Windows cursor shown.

Edited by mina7601

He says he's having a blue screen with Windows cursor after logging in. If it was BSOD, he wouldn't be able to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete in the 1st place, and there wouldn't be a Windows cursor shown.

That's why I wrote he needs to enter SAFE MODE, and what are you suggestions !??!

Psst, 

is for your cat