Who can patch acpi.sys for windows 2000 binary? To run the ACPI v2.0 driver

4 hours ago, windows2 said:

ok and let us know what the answer is ;) 

I think I figured out the answer. It all boils down to serial port settings even if your laptop does not have such a port. Basically, you have to disable the serial port in the BIOS, but the problem is InsydeH2O BIOS doesn't include an option to enable/disable the serial port. It is believed this is why 2000 doesn't activate ACPI under that BIOS. When using Standard PC mode, Windows 2000 will show a floppy disk driver in the device manager, but with code 10. This is because 2000 is erroneously picking up serial port (whether you have one or not) as a floppy disk drive, and so it needs to be disabled, after which you should be able to switch into ACPI under an InsydeH2O BIOS. To get access to Serial port settings if your BIOS doesn't have one would required a modded BIOS. I did post a thread here inquiring about a modded BIOS that includes serial port settings for my Acer Aspire E1-531, so hopefully someone can help unlock the serial port settings.

11 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I think I figured out the answer. It all boils down to serial port settings even if your laptop does not have such a port. Basically, you have to disable the serial port in the BIOS, but the problem is InsydeH2O BIOS doesn't include an option to enable/disable the serial port. It is believed this is why 2000 doesn't activate ACPI under that BIOS. When using Standard PC mode, Windows 2000 will show a floppy disk driver in the device manager, but with code 10. This is because 2000 is erroneously picking up serial port (whether you have one or not) as a floppy disk drive, and so it needs to be disabled, after which you should be able to switch into ACPI under an InsydeH2O BIOS. To get access to Serial port settings if your BIOS doesn't have one would required a modded BIOS. I did post a thread here inquiring about a modded BIOS that includes serial port settings for my Acer Aspire E1-531, so hopefully someone can help unlock the serial port settings.

Indeed, this was the answer as I got my problem fixed fixed! Details can be found here.

• 3 months later...