“Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”

XPerceniol

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

Mina, I am deeply disappointed:wacko:, because my other DETOX topic is not bad... at least do the bookmark:cool: to check every day, maybe...

Studies are my priority, remember? I do get free time, but it's not too much, so it isn't enough for me to check xpforums.com.

Al Bielek ~ Future Map of the U.S.

CHANNEL3X

1,732,988 views Jun 21, 2011

2020 - 2025 * * * * * NOTICE! * * * * * Dotted areas covering the western parts of the U.S shows water damage, not a new coast line, so sorry for all you in Phoenix, you won't be getting a beach property, but a lot of mud, according to Mr. Bielek....

"As someone who has regularly seen the entire country from ground level this map about nails it. On my most recent journey I noticed how some states already appear to be turning into desolate wasteland. Many states no longer have the regular insects and wildlife that used to occupy it regularly in the past."

Edited by msfntor
Quote added

Someone is dumping dozens of guinea pigs in parks around Austin and nobody knows who or why

Daniel Payne

··Jan 14, 2023 · NottheBee.com

63c2ea7cc291f63c2ea7cc2920.jpg

You may have heard of the campaign in Austin, Texas to promote and preserve the eclectic, charming, unique style of that city — it's called "Keep Austin Weird."

Well, not to worry, Austin, you are still very, very weird:

An Austin nonprofit organization is asking for the public's help after dozens of guinea pigs were dumped along the Interstate 35 corridor.

Austin Guinea Pig Rescue told KXAN the organization is receiving frequent reports of animals in need of rescue and rehabilitation. Dumped guinea pigs have been found along I-35 and under highway bridges, within bathrooms at city parks and as far north as Round Rock, as well as down south near Buda.

Okay, two things: First of all, there's such a thing as a "guinea pig rescue" organization?

Second of all, who is doing this?

The authorities' best guess is a guinea pig breeder, which I didn't know was a thing.

Frisch said the organization suspects a guinea pig breeder is behind the high volume of neglected animals. AGPR is asking members of the public to keep an eye out for animals at these locations and to help catch and hold the guinea pigs until AGPR can step in.

They've also requested anyone behind the neglected animals reach out to AGPR and surrender all their animals with "no questions asked."

It's raining guinea pigs in Austin.

article-63c2ee70b8de4.gif

Here: https://notthebee.com/article/someone-is-dumping-dozens-of-guinea-pigs-in-parks-around-austin-texas-and-nobody-knows-who-or-why

Edited by msfntor

Went out for dinner today and was back before 5:30 and others were upset about various things and I had to fake being upset because I was actually alright, but that did change a little bit but still pretty good day and accept I'm reminded that I'm getting old.

Watching and reading msfntor ...

In fact, Mina, please let us know of quoting or replying to you distracts you and we'll be here in spirit for you and mention you without the tag.

gonna sign off for today and try to be grateful nobody is calling me Dad right now.

Edited by XPerceniol

14 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm reminded that I'm getting old.

So you've very bad memory. Because you're YOUNG!

Young with very bad memory... me too, 've bad memory, but I'm "always young", that it's.:cool:

Edited by msfntor

Astrofalls.com NEW (to me..) astro website

And THIS: https://astrofalls.com/pages/cepheus-to-cassiopeia

croppyppypyyp_540x.jpg?v=1673204276

New Discovery: M31 and the [Oiii] Arc

Strottner-Drechsler-Sainty-1: A never before captured extensive oxygen emission right next to the andromeda galaxy.

There are the first images from this marvellous astrofalls.com website to you... wait until evening to see more here on MSFN.org...

17 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

hope you don't get lost in forum land

I won't get lost.

17 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

In fact, Mina, please let us know of quoting or replying to you distracts you

It doesn't distract me.

29 Animals that Mate for Life: Monogamous Animals List

By: Author Diane Diegor

There’s a certain sweetness when it comes to animals that mate for life. Scarlet macaws, for example, will spend up to 50 years together. In this post, you’ll learn about monogamous animals, including birds, mammals, fish, crustaceans, even parasites.

Up to 90% of bird species are monogamous. When it comes to mammals, only about 5% of them stick to the same mate each breeding season. Sea creatures and reptiles are seldom monogamous, but there are exceptions.

animals-that-mate-for-life.webp

Why Do Some Animals Mate for Life? 4 Factors

While the idea of being with the same mate for life sounds romantic, in the animal world it is often done out of convenience.

Here are some reasons that these animals will mate for life.

1.When it comes to birds, both parents are needed. The one bird incubates the eggs, while the other goes off in search of food. By the time the chicks are ready to leave the nest, it’s time for the adults to breed again. And who better to breed with than a partner who is already there, and has proved himself/herself to be a good parent?

2.In other cases, having both parents around serves as a protection against predators. So rather than impregnating a female and leaving her to fend for herself, the male will stay and help raise the family.

3.Another benefit is the time factor. Many species have elaborate mating rituals, where the male spends much time trying to win over a female. And after all of his effort, the female may not even be interested. Staying together for life allows the pair to get straight to breeding when the time comes, instead of trying to win over a new mate each year.

4.There may also be an emotional component. This is evident in their excitement when catching a glimpse of their mate after a time apart. It can also be seen in their distress when a mate passes away.

29 Animals that Mate for Life

Below you will find 29 examples of animals that mate for life.

Some of them have some pretty special and adorable ways of taking care of their mate....

MORE: https://storyteller.travel/animals-that-mate-for-life/

Astrofalls.com NEW (to me..) astro website - next post...

Full size of Cepheus mosaic:

https://astrofalls.com/pages/cepheus-to-cassiopeia

- Did you notice the details of this clear nebula 1/3 of the way up on the left, and another clear one on the right (giant squid nebula, ou4 giant squid in a flying bat), please?

"Cepheus to Cassiopeia is an absolutely gargantuan image spanning across huge swaths of our home galaxy, showing many different narrowband nebula that are very faint and rarely imaged together. This large image which covers several hundred times the size of the full moon provides context on how these different faint nebula interact with eachother. Click to make the image full screen to really appreciate it.

This image is a 35 panel mosaic captured in SHO narrowband, and it contains a huge number of the very faint emission nebulae which populate this part of the northern milky way. There is the flying bat nebula, the squid nebula, the elephant trunk nebula, the wizard nebula, the bubble nebula, the lobster claw nebula, the cave nebula, the question mark nebula, the ghost of Cassiopeia, and the pacman nebula to name a few.

------

This image required over 80 hours of exposure to produce, which took place over three consecutive weeks. This image is more of a galaxy image than it is a nebula image, because it does more to illustrate the interactions of many nebulae at once. It is also worth noting that these objects are rarely ever imaged together, since many of them are very faint."

Another image of the squid nebula I've found here:

ep5w6o6be3q01.jpg

- on https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/8dzo07/the_recently_discovered_giant_squid_nebula_in_the/

Gallery link here: https://astrofalls.com/pages/gallery

- Which image do you like best of all?

Edited by msfntor

And about Andromeda and the Oxygen Arc

5ca89e08c714403eb2b4033d73952a7c_1080x.j

FOR THE LAST 134 YEARS, PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TAKING PHOTOS OF THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY. HOWEVER, EVERYONE UP UNTIL THIS DAY HAS MISSED SOME PRETTY BIG DETAILS, AND THOSE DETAILS ARE SHOWN HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HISTORY

"I am proud to present to you the newly discovered nebula which I have helped confirm alongside Marcel Drechsler, Xavier Strottner, Yann Sainty, Sean Walker, Stefan Kimeswenger, and Robert Fesen."

MORE: https://astrofalls.com/products/m31-oxygen-arc-final

How I helped discover the Andromeda Oxygen Arc

Bray Falls

15K views 7 days ago

30 minutes ago, msfntor said:

And about Andromeda and the Oxygen Arc

5ca89e08c714403eb2b4033d73952a7c_1080x.j

FOR THE LAST 134 YEARS, PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TAKING PHOTOS OF THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY. HOWEVER, EVERYONE UP UNTIL THIS DAY HAS MISSED SOME PRETTY BIG DETAILS, AND THOSE DETAILS ARE SHOWN HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HISTORY

"I am proud to present to you the newly discovered nebula which I have helped confirm alongside Marcel Drechsler, Xavier Strottner, Yann Sainty, Sean Walker, Stefan Kimeswenger, and Robert Fesen."

MORE: https://astrofalls.com/products/m31-oxygen-arc-final

How I helped discover the Andromeda Oxygen Arc

Bray Falls

15K views 7 days ago

Watching this now!!