Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

1 hour ago, Dietmar said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Here now after refreshing RW. And yes, the device UAA is gone when disable

After re-enable UAA device and getting sound, offset 0x55 is always =1 ?

if YES, it is difference to my H110, i always have =0, it means PMEE=0 always after UAA was re-started or started first time or never started

PME Enable (PMEE): When set, and if corresponding PMES is
also set, the Intel HD Audio subsystem send PME to PMC.
This bit is cleared on a power-on reset. Software must not make
assumptions about the reset state of this bit and must set it
appropriately.

this bit is changed after re-enabling UAA on my h100, this may occur:

1) hdaudbus.sys (vanilla v5.10.1.5013 size=144382 from sp3) itself clears bit

or

2) ACPI+DSDT code clears bit

or

3) HDA controller itself clears bit after programming by UAA driver

Edited by Mov AX, 0xDEAD

@steregushchyy

In most cases, the AHCI driver from Fernando 1006 is enough.

You need the new acpi.sys V5 for boards >= Skylake oder AMD Ryzen or some crazy boads like Baytrail.

But I have a X99 board, where I need the modded acpi.sys for XP bit 64 and not for XP SP3

Dietmar

PS: Anyway you need also the for USB3 modded driver for XP SP3.

Edited by Dietmar

Thanks for the answer.
I want to apologize right away, maybe it's offtopic that I'm writing here about choosing a motherboard, but my question is related to ACPI :)

I now have a choice, buy a used motherboard Asus Deluxe x99 + Intel 5960x,
or buy a NEW Asus Z270 Apex + Intel 7700 (the processor will also be new).

The fact is that we do not sell computer components z170-z270-z370-z390.

Such offers are very rare.

Or, I can go to the store and buy a BRAND NEW motherboard and processor, z490-z590-z690.

But I have a question, what about ACPI, will I be able to install Windows XP x32 on the z490-z590-z690 chipset.
I'm worried that I'll buy a new motherboard and won't be able to install windows xp.

I'm also worried about USB 3.0, I read in this thread that when transferring files of 40 gigabytes in size, there is an error.

Dear forum users, please help me make the right choice.
I'm planning a system for old games.
Everything else has already been bought.
Seasonic TX-1000, Phanteks 719, Evga 980ti. (all new)

@steregushchyy

Until now, on each board you can install XP SP3 as long as its Bios offers CSM.

On newer boards you may find only Lan i219, where until now no driver for XP exists.

I have 2 boards, where XP SP3 runs very nice:

First is Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 (stable, fast, 3 full armed PCIe slots, overclock, all drivers for XP)

Second is Asrock z690 Extreme, for this you need an external Lan card for XP

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

10 minutes ago, Dietmar said:

@стерегущий

До сих пор на каждую плату можно было установить XP SP3, если ее биос предлагает CSM.

На более новых платах вы можете найти только Lan i219, для которого до сих пор нет драйвера для XP.

У меня есть 2 платы, на которых XP SP3 работает очень хорошо:

Во- первых, это Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6.

Второй — Asrock z690 Extreme , для него нужна внешняя сетевая карта для XP

Дитмар

Thank you very much, I will buy Asrock z690 Extreme.

Can you please tell me how to integrate acpi.sys into *.iso image of windows xp x32 using nlite?
What menu items to click?
I only know how to integrate AHCI drivers via nlite and have little experience with this program.

@steregushchyy

Just copy new acpi.sys instead of acpi.sy_ into folder i386 (delete acpi.sy_ there).

No need to compress.

And you need to extract with 7Zip the folder sp3.cab in i386 and change there acpi.sys against new one and compress it again with cabpck14,

place it after this with same name sp3.cab into i386 folder

Dietmar

Can you please tell me how to correctly install the drivers for USB 3 and PAE?
There is a lot of information and different versions of files on different forums. I have read several forums and first I want to understand what are the latest most stable versions of files I need to download?

Intel USB3 Controller Drivers

Intel released USB3.x drivers only for Windows 7/8/10, so there were many attempts to use drivers of
 other usb chip manufacturers. Most of them do not work at Intel hardware, some works, but have problems with PAE or USB3 ports.

Following drivers confirmed to work in normal and PAE environment, solved, three solutions:
   1) Microsoft Generic v6.2.9200.16384/v6.2.9200.22453 from Windows 8.0, recommended driver
   2) AMD v1.1.0.0145 (need amdxhci_adresscalc_fix)
   3) Fresco Logic v3.6.9.0 (extended to 32 ports)

AMD and Fresco drivers have ssues with recognizing devices after plug<->unplug, sometimes ports go to power saving modes and can't back

UAS (Attached SCSI Mass Storage) drivers also available, solved, many solutions:
   1) UAS Driver from Windows 8 + storport.sys from Windows 2003, beta
   2) UAS Driver from Windows 8 + storport.sys from Windows 7, beta
   3) UAS Driver from Windows 8 + storport.sys from Windows 8, beta
   4) VIA UAS Driver
   5) Etron UAS Driver

USB3 / XHCI

Kernel Mode Driver Framework 1.11 (updated) by MOV AX, 0xDEAD - Unofficial standalone installer based on the Security Update KB2864202 for Windows 8. Needed for USB3 / XHCI driver stack.

USB3/XHCI (generic) driver by MOV AX, 0xDEAD - Backported from Windows 8, requires the Kernel Mode Driver Framework 1.11 to be installed first. Includes UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support. Multilingual INF file.

Memory related

4GB+ RAM Support
- Windows 2003 supports more than 4Gb RAM without additional actions, limited to some value depending "Edition"
- Windows XP ServicePack1 supports more than 4Gb RAM without additional actions, limited to some value (16Gb ?)
- Windows XP ServicePack2/3 don't support RAM above 4Gb, need patching, solved, many solutions:
      1) PatchPae(v2) by wj32, remove limits only in kernel, lack of HAL_DMA patch
      2) fix128/PatchPae(v3) by Evgen_b, contains unfinished HAL_DMA patch, kernel patch is OK
      3) WinXPPAE(v2+) by Daniel_k, contains proper HAL_DMA patch, kernel patch is OK

WinXPPAE v3.5 - Patches kernel and hal files to enable PAE (Physical Address Extension

1 hour ago, steregushchyy said:

Can you please tell me how to correctly install the drivers for USB 3 and PAE?

Стерегущий, лучше используй сборки с уже интегрированными файлами, тут в основном тусовка экспериментаторов или разработчиков/моддеров