StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

19 minutes ago, thepwrtank18 said:

0xc1900101 is an unrelated issue. MS screwed up the bootloader for the new installs, so it just keeps reverting.

Oh, I guess that's good, but I wonder how I got so lucky since a lot of people have installed the build successfully (not counting the SaB problem, I mean). Has MS admitted to this somewhere?

4 minutes ago, thepwrtank18 said:

Microsoft doesn't allow you to install it.image.png.66e8423b12e83e9a7768bd73642e51e7.png

I guess now we wait for an official answer. Hopefully it's fixable with a patch.

For me there was a Message, that i have to uninstall SAB before i can install the Windows Update.
After uninstalling, the Windows Update installed flawlessly.
But now i have the Problem that i cannot install SAB anymore. Always getting a Message that it is not compatible and i should download an Update for SAB (tried with 3.7.8).
Looks like, we have to wait for an Update...

Sry i was too slow and someone else already posted this...

Screenshot 2024-04-03 230622.png

Edited by sananda
extend

Well you can rename setup to NotStartAllBackSetup..exe. No idea why a crude hardblock like that.

3 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Well you can rename setup to NotStartAllBackSetup..exe. No idea why a crude hardblock like that.

LOL

Thank you xD

@Tihiy can you rename the installer to StartAgainBackwards.exe and see if it slips by them?

Edit: In all seriousness just rename the installer to setup_3.7.8.exe. Microsoft can't block setup.exe.

Edited by mackid1993

bump

On 4/2/2024 at 4:39 PM, Mikaelo said:

Save files to the correct SAB folders > Styles and Orbs 

2024-04-02_143755.png.8dabd4b895b07df813657dcb2bd2f8c2.png

Thanks appreciate you. the only thing is that i don't have all them file in the C:\Program Files\StartAllBack and show hidden files are on

Edited by Flipper
wanted to quote

5 hours ago, Flipper said:

Thanks appreciate you. the only thing is that i don't have all them file in the C:\Program Files\StartAllBack and show hidden files are on

Try %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\StartAllBack 

Location depends on SAB installation type.

Edited by Mikaelo
add information

i need help,  if i unistall SaB or disable it my native taskbar or explorer dont start. i think i have a corrupt NotifyIconSettings registry database from installing StartAllBack RC. how do i fix this,  now that Microsoft wants to disable SAB

Edited by glowWorm

I tried searching but could not find an answer on this.  For Apps in the Menu, the sub menu of the "Pinned" documents.  How do you change the order.  I was able to click and drag once to change the order but I cannot seem do it anymore.  Is there some trick to reorder the Pinned items?

Hi @Tihiy! I had a bug in StartAllBack 3.7.8 and build 26100.
I use Shell Extensions for Taskbar (called Toolbars) and i love it! I have 4 shell extensions (EverythingToolbar, LockKeys, TaskbarStats (CPU,RAM and NET)) Last two extensions are just DLLs. (registering with command it show options like that.

image.png.1c55bb49a03e707ec09424801934e74c.png

What is the problem? DLL registered handlers are working fine and enabled. Restarting file explorer it automatic disables. Why is disabling? I send to you extensions in .zip file. extract and register following DLLs:
LockKeys -  LockKeys.dll
TaskbarStats: CpuRam.dll and NetSpeed.dll.
after register it must appear in toolbars menu like in first photo. enable one or all and restart file explorer.

Keyboard Handlers.zip

4 minutes ago, Ionut Bara said:

Hi @Tihiy! I had a bug in StartAllBack 3.7.8 and build 26100.
I use Shell Extensions for Taskbar (called Toolbars) and i love it! I have 4 shell extensions (EverythingToolbar, LockKeys, TaskbarStats (CPU,RAM and NET)) Last two extensions are just DLLs. (registering with command it show options like that.

image.png.1c55bb49a03e707ec09424801934e74c.png

What is the problem? DLL registered handlers are working fine and enabled. Restarting file explorer it automatic disables. Why is disabling? I send to you extensions in .zip file. extract and register following DLLs:
LockKeys -  LockKeys.dll
TaskbarStats: CpuRam.dll and NetSpeed.dll.
after register it must appear in toolbars menu like in first photo. enable one or all and restart file explorer.

Keyboard Handlers.zip 395.13 kB · 0 downloads

another suggestion: can you add ability to move that in second screen? its a feedback😀