StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

@Tihiy Hi, long time no see. Things have changed quite a bit around here since I last visited the boards.
Got a technical question for you since I thought I should update the Translator that has long fallen into oblivion: are the SAB uninstall paths/keys in registry the same as with SiB, or do they have their name and/or path changed?
I'm asking this because the script needs to retrieve the full path to StartIsBackCfg.exe (or is that name also changed?) in order to provide the option of extracting translations from the executable itself in case download isn't possible and no other templates can be reached.

Glad to see you alive and well. :hello:

Hi,

On the latest Dev build 23531, when SAB is enabled the Control Panel will not open, nor will right-clicking on desktop items such as "Network." If SAB is disabled, everything works again, but default Win 11 is unappealing. Hoping there is a fix!

3 requests

1) remove the whit rectangle around the date when clicking on the clock. it's only if i choose windows 10 pop-up menu

Screenshot2023-08-26183429.png.b905696740ccd8770d5f0da0fbc3adc0.png

2) Please add the feature to hide hidden icone (from Windows 11) so i can also hide the triangle that reveals/hide the hidden icons (hidden, but still on the taskbar)

Screenshot2023-08-26184017.thumb.png.daf4a6a31210a2df0a374f16069ba81f.png

3) can you add windows 10 start menu instead of just different version of Windows 7?

4 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Try test build http://startisback.com/StartAllBack_setup.exe

I did not meet right-click issue

Everything is working now - I am very impressed with how quickly issues are addressed after being reported!

It's possible the right click issue was something configuration-specific, but to clarify it was related to a right-click on an item that would launch a legacy control panel item. Regardless, you have fixed the issue, for which I am grateful!

I'm on that build. While I don't have any desktop items to right-click, note that a workaround for the CP issue would have been to access it in Start via the Menu display option, as that worked. As did accessing it via a right-click on Start (if you have that configured, which is not a feature of SaB). It probably would have run via Start/Run/control.exe, too, though I'm not sure about that one.

Is there an option that I'm not seeing where I can set it so that the "All programs" list is the default (or the only one) instead of this weird recently opened programs list?

Screenshot2023-08-28203336.png.7ebabdde58d1fd36911d9334109cafa8.png

Thanks

Edited by CallOfJuarez

On 8/18/2023 at 3:25 PM, bapt said:

When we choose the W10 explorer (without the tabs), would it be possible to also have the W10 Navigation Pane (or a separate option) ?

In case it went unnoticed :D
It's possible ?

Edited by bapt

Something weird happened. My main programs list is empty. When I press start, it defaults to my all programs list. I reinstalled it and set default values. I didn't wipe settings because that wipes the license too. I have 2 PCs, one with 1 account and 1 with multiple. The one with multiple was fine until today. Now it has the same problem.

Edited by marathon

2 hours ago, Kleine Eule 73 said:

that is a pity. will there be a version for the Canary or Windows 12 in the future ?

I'm sure there will be a StartAllBack+ for Windows 12. We'll likely get a dev release next May at Build 2024.