Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
NoNameNeeded

Get XP application to work on Windows 7+

I was wondering if someone with programming skills could help me to get an application to work on Windows 7 and newer.

The problem with the application is that it crashes whenever you try to open or save a file (using the open/save dialog). It's a problem that also occurs with newer versions of this application and the fix seems to be to edit a file named CommonVcPh.dll and redirect comdlg32.dll to the XP version of this file (which you then copy to the folder the application resides in). I've tried that with the older version of this application but it still crashes whenever it's supposed to open the open/save dialog.

https://workupload.com/file/Zn4cMQ27R65

P.S: DEP needs to be disabled to run the application.

tried to search portable version ?

The application doesn't really need to be installed, so it is kind of portable.

But anyway, there is no portable version.