VIA SATA v220e driver for ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0

Feamane

10 hours ago, Feamane said:

OK, thank you for that answer!  Now that I have RLoew's SATA patch working I can forget about it and move forward with the project.

Well, no. :no: :w00t:

Meaning that the RLoew's is a generic driver, whilst the manufacturer's one is specific.

In theory the manufacturer's driver should have the best possible performance on the specific hardware (though in practice it could be slower) but if you are looking for max performance you need to at least try it.

jaclaz

OK, I will have to do some testing to try both.  But first I'm going to have to figure out why DiskSpeed32 keeps crashing on the new build, but that's a story for a different thread.

Thanks!

DJ

I tried both RLoew's PTCHSATA and Via SATA v6.10c.  The difference was very similar according to DiskSpeed32.  The Via drivers showed about 1MB/s faster Min and Max throughput, but the RLoew gave a 1MB/s faster overall average based on all file sizes.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:38 AM, Feamane said:

I tried both RLoew's PTCHSATA and Via SATA v6.10c.  The difference was very similar according to DiskSpeed32.  The Via drivers showed about 1MB/s faster Min and Max throughput, but the RLoew gave a 1MB/s faster overall average based on all file sizes.

I have that board sitting on my benchtable at the moment. I can confirm what Feamane said. After all is said and done, it is a matter of preference, both choices are ok. That is not happening very often with W9x ... :-D